Dang It! I'm Addicted!

Decorating By Nazarine Updated 11 May 2011 , 11:20am by mommakristin

Nazarine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nazarine Posted 11 May 2011 , 5:24am
post #1 of 3

Normally, I get about 4-6 hours of sleep a night. With a 2 and 3 year old, and a husband that works weekend night shifts, my sleep is nowhere near normal. Well today I decided to do a bunch of gardening, wore myself out and plopped into bed at 8pm after my kids fell asleep. A little after midnight, I wake up, and can't get back to sleep. It's about an hour later and I've given up so what do I do? Hop on Cake Central, start researching making a RKT model, and now I'm reaching for the Family Size box of Rice Krispies. At almost 1:30am!! As if my insomnia needed anymore help! LOL! I'm justifying this by telling myself my son's birthday cake is still just a hazy image in my head and I need to work on it. Yeah. That's it. Un-huh. Totally selfless. That's exactly what this is. icon_wink.gif

2 replies
Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 11 May 2011 , 11:03am
post #2 of 3

Well if getting back to sleep is your aim then you might be better off opting for a really boring book - obviously CC as a sleep-aid is not working out for you! LOL

mommakristin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakristin Posted 11 May 2011 , 11:20am
post #3 of 3

LOL
You are not alone.. I have insomnia problems too but I have teenagers and no husband!! I seem to gravitate to CC at night too. Which doesn't put me to sleep just makes my mind go into overdrive with ideas and things I want to try.

Yea I would do a boring book to get back to sleep.. As weird as it sounds, I sometimes can turn on Twilight (I have it DVR'd) and close my eyes and that seems to lull me back to sleep. I actually love the movie but I think the low key colors and sounds help put me to sleep. I'm weird-what can I say!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%