Sometimes..... They Just Get Cake! Lol

Decorating By shaibaer Updated 12 May 2011 , 12:27am by shaibaer

shaibaer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shaibaer Posted 11 May 2011 , 3:27am
post #1 of 4

You know how the cobbler's kids are always barefoot?? Well, my poor husband gets the short end of the cake stick! lol

I had planned to do this super cool sculpted cake to look like the gas tank on his motorcycle.

Well, life got in the way this week, so it morphed into an 8 in round with the top to look like the tachometer (sp?) and the sides to be a road scene with black motorcycle cut outs.

And damn that pesky life AGAIN (and someone using both my mixing bowls and my mixer beater and then instead of washing them, just sticking them in the dishwasher to cement... *sigh* and for me to not discover until the last minute, which put me in a time crunch....)....

So this is what he ended up with.

It was *just* cake... but it was DAMN good cake! lol It was Lemon Cake with homemade raspberry filling (never again... I'll just use seedless jam from now on thankyouverymuch!!! lol) and White Chocolate Mocha Buttercream made from this recipe (New fave!! Totally awesome!)

Not bad for not even getting it into the oven until 2:30 pm today!!! lol

3 replies
ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 11 May 2011 , 3:41am
post #2 of 4

AWWW that happened to my on my husband's birthday too this year icon_redface.gif which made me feel HORRIBLE! Even though I didn't hear anyone say it, I heard it all day in my head "she decorates extravagant cakes for people she doesnt even know, and this is what she gives the man she loves?" Maybe I was a little sensitive about not getting to make him something special, but he loved his pies! (crazy, but he doesnt eat much cake! how did he marry me!? Im obsessed!)

NanaSandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaSandy Posted 11 May 2011 , 3:46am
post #3 of 4

love this post! I did the same thing for my DH and I's 15th anniversary this year. I asked him if he wanted a cake that looked awesome, or one that was still warm? Of course, he wanted it warm, and since he isn't a frosting lover, the frosting went on while still warm and of course melted on the cake. The cake wasn't level, and was a hot mess! But he loved it!!!! My best friend who also decorates cakes , thought my teenagers made it for us. Every cake decorator deserves to just make the ugly great tasting cake once in awhile. thumbs_up.gif

shaibaer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shaibaer Posted 12 May 2011 , 12:27am
post #4 of 4

lol... the cake was warm alright! We had an unseasonable heat wave and my buttercream kept melting!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%