Pricing

Baking By kashmiere Updated 14 Aug 2011 , 3:16pm by goingplaces

kashmiere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kashmiere Posted 10 May 2011 , 7:10pm
post #1 of 6

Hi there.....I am new to this board and also new to cookie and cake decorating. I've gotten some interest from people wanting me to do cookies for them and I have no idea what to charge. Any suggestions?
I posted some pics in my album (I don't know how to add it to this post).

5 replies
OneCreativeCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OneCreativeCookie Posted 11 May 2011 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 6

Welcome to the cookie business!

This topic is well covered in this forum - search for pricing and I'm sure you'll see a huge number of posts that will give you a broad range of pricing. It all depends on your local market. I charge $4.50 per cookie (3 1/2 - 4" cookie, glaze icing, individually bagged) and I think I'm on the higher end (though not highest) for those who participate in this forum. Try a search and see what you come up with for basic info and then ask again if you have a specific issue you don't see posted.

Sheri_e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sheri_e Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 4:01pm
post #3 of 6

There is a post here regarding a cookie matrix that is amazing try this link http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-193961.html

microunique Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
microunique Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 4:14am
post #4 of 6

The price factor however depends upon the size, quality & local market trends. Usually the amount of cake is high when it is big in size and included long destination to deliver it.

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 12:55pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheri_e

There is a post here regarding a cookie matrix that is amazing try this link http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-193961.html

The price matrix on that post is missing. Does someone here have it? When I try to post on that link it will not go through. CC is acting up again. Several of my posts would not get posted.

goingplaces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goingplaces Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 3:16pm
post #6 of 6

I too live in the Warren,Oh area and I have no problem selling my cookies for $5.00 a dozen. I charge a little more for decorated cut outs. I feel that for the price of ingredients and time this is a fair price.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%