Looking For A Crusting Choc Buttercream Icing Recipe

Baking By yeah4cake Updated 15 May 2011 , 6:59pm by yeah4cake

yeah4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yeah4cake Posted 10 May 2011 , 6:28pm
post #1 of 7

I am in urgent need of a delicious crusting chocolate buttercream icing recipe. I found one on cc about 6 months ago, & can't believe I didn't save it, but I didn't icon_cry.gif . I made it, & wow was it delicious! I have a request for chocolate icing on a graduation cake. Any yummy recipes will be totally appreciated...thanks so much! icon_smile.gif

6 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 10 May 2011 , 6:59pm
post #2 of 7

I use my regular crusting buttercream and add chocolate to it. icon_smile.gif I sometimes add a little more fat and a little more liquid, but I have made it with cocoa powder, melted chocolate chips, melted candy melts...

gbbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gbbaker Posted 10 May 2011 , 7:10pm
post #3 of 7

I add warm not hot chocolate ganache to buttercream and about 1/2 cup cocoa and whiz in food processor.

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 10 May 2011 , 7:17pm
post #4 of 7

this might be what you are looking for! its super easy and yummy!
http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7293/crusting-chocolate-fudge-buttercream-icing

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 10 May 2011 , 7:32pm
post #5 of 7

I use Indydebi's "crisco" based BC... then add in Cocoa powder to desired color/ taste the darker the color the better the taste!! I personally am not a fan of frostings in general.... butt his is to die for!

kmdrysdale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmdrysdale Posted 10 May 2011 , 7:38pm
post #6 of 7
yeah4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yeah4cake Posted 15 May 2011 , 6:59pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you everyone for helping me out. Confectioncc....this is the exact recipe I used a while ago but could not find it.....this recipe is the absolute best.....thank you so much for finding it! Now it is in my favorites icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%