Urgent: Help With This Delivery

Decorating By Pebbles1727 Updated 12 May 2011 , 1:44am by Pebbles1727

Pebbles1727 Posted 10 May 2011 , 2:22pm
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone,
I desperately need your help. I have a wedding delivery this Saturday (4 tier and 2 tier fully assembled) and it just got complicated.
The wedding coordinator just told me that cakes must go across the parking lot through the courtyard, through the foyer, up on the elevator, along the walkway and onto the terrace. There is no way I can make it with these things such a long distance. Please help me to figure out how I can get them there. I assume I need a cart, but my vehicle will not fit cakes and a regular cart. I'm looking for something that will either be collapsable or easily assembled on site. Please, please tell me there is something out there like that. And if not, what do I do?
Thanks in advance, P

6 replies
soapy_hopie Posted 10 May 2011 , 2:38pm
post #2 of 7

I would ask the venue if they had a cart the you would be able to borrow, most large venues may have something that would work....good luck

Pebbles1727 Posted 10 May 2011 , 3:03pm
post #3 of 7

I considered that but was not sure if that's doable, it's just a skyrize condominium building on the beach. The wedding reception is in one of their breezways. I try this though, thanks. Really hate to depend on someone else for something though, LOL

cakegirl1973 Posted 11 May 2011 , 12:05am
post #4 of 7

Could you ask a friend to help you carry the cakes?

mustang1964 Posted 11 May 2011 , 12:17am
post #5 of 7

I know it sounds kind of strange but how about a wagon?

milkmaid42 Posted 11 May 2011 , 12:33am
post #6 of 7

I realize there is not time for a mail order, what with the delivery being Saturday... but for future occasions here are a couple of sites for folding carts.

Also, Geraldine's Creative Cutters, http://www.creativecutters.com/, had them as a sale item several months ago.

Some of these models can fold to a remarkably small size, able to fit into a small compact car.

Good luck on your coming delivery. I hope this may be of help for future ones.

Pebbles1727 Posted 12 May 2011 , 1:44am
post #7 of 7

THANK YOU!!!! Found a hand truck at Lowe's--it will work perfect for any delivery!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%