How Long Will It Last?

Decorating By mom32008 Updated 10 May 2011 , 4:00am by yummy_in_my_tummy

mom32008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom32008 Posted 10 May 2011 , 3:44am
post #1 of 3

Hello there cc family
I make my own fondant because it seems to work best for me, with that being said, I hate making black and chocolate brown fondant I can never seem to get a true color, so I started to use my airbrush to get the colors i needed. And what a mess that makes! So I have been looking into buying those 2 colors. I was wondering if anyone can tell how long the fondant lastest once the tub is opened and out the best kind out there is?

2 replies
ChilliPepper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChilliPepper Posted 10 May 2011 , 3:58am
post #2 of 3

Oh I so know what you mean. With the chocolate brown I would substitute some of the sugar for cocoa powder. For the black, use your chocolate icing as it doesn't need as much black food colouring to get the desired black.

Otherwise it is a case of buying but I can't advise on that as I live in England and the ONLY bought icing we can get instore is Dr Oetker Regal Ice!

Cheers

CP x

yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 10 May 2011 , 4:00am
post #3 of 3

FOR-EV-ER!! haha, no, not really forever. I think Fondariffic (sp?) has a shelf life of one year. You just need to make sure you wrap it back up pretty tight.

Also, as a side note, if you're having trouble getting a dark black color, you can always start with brown fondant and then color with black. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%