Italian Themed Cake! Help!

Decorating By Melissas_Cakes Updated 13 May 2011 , 10:10pm by jennifercullen

Melissas_Cakes Posted 10 May 2011 , 3:29am
post #1 of 5

I'm doing an Italian themed cake for a teacher's appreciation luncheon. I've thought of doing a bowl of spaghetti or a wine themed cake, but the cake needs to serve 40-60 people. Need more ideas please.

4 replies
CakeCrystal5308 Posted 10 May 2011 , 11:16pm
post #2 of 5

Have you thought about making a cake to look like one of Italy's landmarks?
Since it's a teacher thing, they might appreciate that?
Leaning tower of Pisa, Colloseum, or even do a canal with a gondola boat?
Just some none-food ideas...
Otherwise you can make a "table top" look cake with a plate of pasta on it and a bottle of wine with a wine glass or something of the like...

Melissas_Cakes Posted 11 May 2011 , 10:49pm
post #3 of 5

thanks, hadn't really thought of doing a landmark, guess i'm off to google some famous scenes/landmarks of italy, thanks again!

jennifercullen Posted 13 May 2011 , 6:28pm
post #4 of 5

The land mark idea is really good! I didn't think about that at all. My idea was a table top with like the red and white checkered table cloth and food wine and other things on to decorate it. That way you can make it as big as you like quite easily. How about a cake just the shape of Italy! It's got that unique shape hasn't it. Maybe put some little gumpaste landmarks on top of that. icon_smile.gif

jennifercullen Posted 13 May 2011 , 10:10pm
post #5 of 5

The land mark idea is really good! I didn't think about that at all. My idea was a table top with like the red and white checkered table cloth and food wine and other things on to decorate it. That way you can make it as big as you like quite easily. How about a cake just the shape of Italy! It's got that unique shape hasn't it. Maybe put some little gumpaste landmarks on top of that. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%