Structure Question

Decorating By JustGettinStarted Updated 10 May 2011 , 3:19am by SarahBeth3

JustGettinStarted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustGettinStarted Posted 10 May 2011 , 2:57am
post #1 of 2

I'm doing a monster truck cake for my little brother and I'm havng a hard time figuring out the structure. My plan is to do a thin piece of board or mdf under the cake, attach dowels to it, and screw the dowels into another bottom board. My question is, what do I put the cake on? I know I can'tput it directly on the plywood or whatever I use. I considered putting the cake on a cake board before placing on the top wooden board, but am afraid I won't be able to secure the cakebaord to the wood.

Does my question even make sense? Haha I just can't figure out how to secure the cake to the woden board without it falling off of the board. Thanks for any help.

P.S. Doug, I'm using your monster truck template so thanks icon_smile.gif

1 reply
SarahBeth3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahBeth3 Posted 10 May 2011 , 3:19am
post #2 of 2

You could put hot glue on the plywood just before lowering the cake board over the dowels and onto the plywood. If you don't have someone to help you with this to make it go fast enough, you could put a couple spacers (cookie cutters...) on the plywood, lower the cake with cake board over the dowels and down onto the spacers, shoot some hot glue on the plywood and then quickly but carefully remove the spacers.

I wonder if royal icing would work too?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%