Help Crazy Request For A Softball Field

Decorating By Crystal0722 Updated 11 May 2011 , 4:54pm by seedrv

Crystal0722 Posted 10 May 2011 , 2:43am
post #1 of 7

I have a customer that has a crazy request for a softball field cake.
First he wants to know if I can make a chain length fence. Does anyone have any ideas? Second he wants the softball to look like its been hit and going over the fence? Some customer just think we can do anything with icing and fondant LOL. If anyone has any suggestions I would realy appreciate them.

6 replies
bellabean Posted 10 May 2011 , 4:14am
post #2 of 7

Here is a baseball field I did, not sure if this is what your looking for. See my photos.

Crystal0722 Posted 10 May 2011 , 4:31am
post #3 of 7

Great job. I still need to know how to do a fence and ball

bellabean Posted 10 May 2011 , 4:42am
post #4 of 7

the balls I used in the picture are chocolate candy wrapped to look like baseballs, I got them at a party store (Party City) the fence you could do with color flow or melted chocolate.

MamaDear Posted 10 May 2011 , 4:43am
post #5 of 7

Once I did a four wheeler jumping a mud creek by attaching a small diameter but strong, stiff wire to a toothpick and embedding it through a fondant rock into the center of the cake (the fondant to give it balance since the part of the cake I was putting it into was not very high). The four wheeler looked like it was in mid-air. Maybe try that.

For the fence maybe SugarVeil. I have not personnally used it but that is the only thing I can think of that would be uniform enough other than royal icing piping which would be fragile. If you decide to royal ice you could make several "Panels" with lollipop sticks for fence posts and then arrange them in a roundish shape around the field.
Good luck

CakesGoneSweet Posted 10 May 2011 , 5:18am
post #6 of 7

Sugarveil will be your best bet for a realistic fence. Make sure you get your details right on the softball field. Typically they are a dirt infield rather than grass and the balls for little league are bright yellow rather than white. May want to double check those details also.

seedrv Posted 11 May 2011 , 4:54pm
post #7 of 7

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2031498/

I just saw this cake. It isn't mine. Maybe you can pm the person who made it about the "fence" they made. It might be something that would work for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%