Cake Balls Pricing

Decorating By frasercakes2011 Updated 11 May 2011 , 8:52pm by Annabakescakes

frasercakes2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frasercakes2011 Posted 10 May 2011 , 1:00am
post #1 of 13

for those that sell cake balls how much do you charge i dont live in a very big town about 20,000 people and i was told i probably shouldnt charge more than 6 dollars a dozen but that just seems to low. please tell me your opinions icon_smile.gif

12 replies
frasercakes2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frasercakes2011 Posted 10 May 2011 , 2:42am
post #2 of 13

any opinions would be greatly appreciated! thank you so much

patticake1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticake1951 Posted 10 May 2011 , 2:56am
post #3 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by frasercakes2011

for those that sell cake balls how much do you charge i dont live in a very big town about 20,000 people and i was told i probably shouldnt charge more than 6 dollars a dozen but that just seems to low. please tell me your opinions icon_smile.gif

That is what we charge for ours, but we don't make them really fancy except for special occasions, and charge a little more for them then. We are also in a small town.

peachspider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peachspider Posted 10 May 2011 , 3:25am
post #4 of 13

I've been wondering about the cake balls/pops pricing, too. Then I found these brownie pops on Sharis Berries around Mother's day..... I wonder how many people really order these. They look very cute though...
What do you think?
http://products.berries.com/chocolate/Truffle-Pops-30008133?viewpos=17&trackingpgroup=SHM&REF=RDRDRE11MAY07RDMA4FBILLRDP0

Dani1081 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dani1081 Posted 10 May 2011 , 3:26am
post #5 of 13

I sell mine for $10 per dozen unless they are custom designed for a special occasion- then they are priced higher according to the detail involved. People don't seem to have a problem at all with that price here in Kansas City. There are several online vendors that sell them for $29 a dozen plus S&H, so mine are a bargain! Oh, and Starbucks just started selling cake pops that are smaller than my cake balls and they are $3.50 each. SERIOUSLY.

Kenshine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kenshine Posted 11 May 2011 , 11:28am
post #6 of 13

it depends on the size of them...

i've paid like $3.50 a ball, but they were pretty huge and from an established commercial bakery.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 11 May 2011 , 12:10pm
post #7 of 13

$2 each, but they're good size and that does include a contrasting drizzle of chocolate.

babycakes77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babycakes77 Posted 11 May 2011 , 1:05pm
post #8 of 13

I charge $1.15 each for my classic flavors and $1.25 each for my premium flavors. People haven't balked at my prices either so it's been working for me. I live in my state's capital but it's not a huge city by any means.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 11 May 2011 , 5:44pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachspider

I've been wondering about the cake balls/pops pricing, too. Then I found these brownie pops on Sharis Berries around Mother's day..... I wonder how many people really order these. They look very cute though...
What do you think?
http://products.berries.com/chocolate/Truffle-Pops-30008133?viewpos=17&trackingpgroup=SHM&REF=RDRDRE11MAY07RDMA4FBILLRDP0

Just checked the link and all I have to say is , " OMG!!! Are you flipping kidding me???" Does that HUGE price include shipping? Please tell me it does...

7thheaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7thheaven Posted 11 May 2011 , 6:12pm
post #10 of 13

WOW! I charge $7 per dozen. I call mine Cake Truffles, I think it is the same thing though. I haven't had anyone say it was too much either. The biggest seller is the B-Day cake flavor for me though. I do however charge more for Rum flavored ones $9 per dozen.

Stephy42088 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stephy42088 Posted 11 May 2011 , 6:34pm
post #11 of 13

wow, those prices seem really low. i dont do cake balls, just cake pops and i just raised my prices to $1.25 from $1 and i sell them like crazy. and i thought my prices were too low!

peachspider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peachspider Posted 11 May 2011 , 6:52pm
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachspider

What do you think?

Just checked the link and all I have to say is , " OMG!!! Are you flipping kidding me???" Does that HUGE price include shipping? Please tell me it does...

Hahaha! no, that price doesn't include shipping. And the standard(cheapest I think) shipping is $12.99. I just checked the site again and there were several reviews about those brownie pops. They were almost all 5 stars!! icon_eek.gif

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 11 May 2011 , 8:52pm
post #13 of 13

I think I will provide a link to Sherries Berries next to all the stuff I offer that is comparable to hers. She is 5 times more expensive!!! People will love my prices and flock to me....yeah...is that legal? frowned upon?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%