Dry Cupcakes

Baking By Sheryll317 Updated 10 May 2011 , 4:20pm by stevieleannescupcakes

Sheryll317  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sheryll317 Posted 9 May 2011 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 4

I'm a newbie here at cake central and this will be my first post. I'm not sure if this topic has already been addressed so I apologize if it already has.

I baked chocolate chip cupcakes and out of the oven they tasted really yummy. I was actually going to bring them to a party the following day so I just left them on the cooling racks overnight. When I tasted them the next morning, the cupcakes were dry and didn't taste as good as last night. What did I do wrong? Was it because I just left them out and not store them properly?

Thank you all.

3 replies
 jmr531  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmr531 Posted 9 May 2011 , 10:03pm
post #2 of 4

I rarely bake cupcakes, but when I do I wrap them in plastic wrap if I'm going to be storing them overnight. I generally do this with any cake I make. I've also noticed that spritzing a simple syrup on the cupcakes helps keep them moist as well. I recently did this with some red velvet cupcakes I made and they were awesome.
Hopefully someone with more experience making cupcakes will chime in, but just wanted to offer some insight on my experience.

jules5000  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 9 May 2011 , 10:08pm
post #3 of 4

As soon as your cupcakes are completely cooled you want to either Ice them and store them or cover them securely with some kind of wrapping. I would say that either a very moist icing put on them and left for an hour or so would probably help them immensely. Some yummy rich chocolate icing. Good luck.

stevieleannescupcakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stevieleannescupcakes Posted 10 May 2011 , 4:20pm
post #4 of 4

It was definately because you left them out. Air tight containers are great to store cakes in and it makes sure no air gets in and spoils your delicious cakes icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%