Dry Cupcakes

Baking By Sheryll317 Updated 10 May 2011 , 4:20pm by stevieleannescupcakes

Sheryll317 Posted 9 May 2011 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 4

I'm a newbie here at cake central and this will be my first post. I'm not sure if this topic has already been addressed so I apologize if it already has.

I baked chocolate chip cupcakes and out of the oven they tasted really yummy. I was actually going to bring them to a party the following day so I just left them on the cooling racks overnight. When I tasted them the next morning, the cupcakes were dry and didn't taste as good as last night. What did I do wrong? Was it because I just left them out and not store them properly?

Thank you all.

3 replies
jmr531 Posted 9 May 2011 , 10:03pm
post #2 of 4

I rarely bake cupcakes, but when I do I wrap them in plastic wrap if I'm going to be storing them overnight. I generally do this with any cake I make. I've also noticed that spritzing a simple syrup on the cupcakes helps keep them moist as well. I recently did this with some red velvet cupcakes I made and they were awesome.
Hopefully someone with more experience making cupcakes will chime in, but just wanted to offer some insight on my experience.

jules5000 Posted 9 May 2011 , 10:08pm
post #3 of 4

As soon as your cupcakes are completely cooled you want to either Ice them and store them or cover them securely with some kind of wrapping. I would say that either a very moist icing put on them and left for an hour or so would probably help them immensely. Some yummy rich chocolate icing. Good luck.

stevieleannescupcakes Posted 10 May 2011 , 4:20pm
post #4 of 4

It was definately because you left them out. Air tight containers are great to store cakes in and it makes sure no air gets in and spoils your delicious cakes icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%