I Made Cakewrecks!!!

Decorating By lilmansmum Updated 11 May 2011 , 2:25am by hrnewbie

lilmansmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmansmum Posted 9 May 2011 , 8:49pm
post #1 of 12

I made it on cakewrecks! But it's all good, because I made the Sunday Sweets edition for Mother's Day with my diaper bag cake. Check it out, I am the 10th picture down. It's the green/white striped diaper bag cake with accessories. I have always had a fear of seeing one of my cakes on cakewrecks. But this time it's okay! haha
Here is the link:

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2011/05/sunday-sweets-for-mom.html

11 replies
veronica970206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica970206 Posted 9 May 2011 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 12

Is it just me, but I would think CakeWrecks would display hot mess cakes, those cakes dont look bad, so why do they call it CakeWrecks? Or am I that much of an airhead? LMAO

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 9 May 2011 , 9:12pm
post #3 of 12

CakeWrecks does a special post on Sundays called Sunday Sweets. It's where they post really cute cakes. The rest of the week though is very wrecky!!

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 9 May 2011 , 9:12pm
post #4 of 12

Congratulations!!! The cake is great, and I love the details! icon_biggrin.gif

jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 9 May 2011 , 9:25pm
post #5 of 12

I am with Veronica, I do not see the wreck. Maybe I am dumb, but I don't think so. These cakes looked good. If they want to see a wreck I could put on some of mine. and by the way, the diaper bag was #8 not #10. It looked Good.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 9 May 2011 , 9:34pm
post #6 of 12

WOW icon_eek.gif - Monday - Friday they are cake wrecks - on Sunday it's called Sunday Sweets and it the best cakes! HTH thumbs_up.gif

sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 9 May 2011 , 9:43pm
post #7 of 12

Congrats! There is nothing like having your work called beautiful by someone who we KNOW is accustom to critique! LOL! Gorgeous cake BTW! icon_wink.gif

lilmansmum Posted 9 May 2011 , 11:55pm
post #8 of 12

Thanks, everyone. Yeah, I thought it was pretty cool to make their blog....at least for the Sunday Sweets edition. I don't think I'd be so happy if it was on any other day of the week! haha

And for those of you who asked, NO my cake was not a wreck.....Sunday features the GOOD cakes! icon_biggrin.gif

jo3d33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo3d33 Posted 10 May 2011 , 12:09am
post #9 of 12

Congratulations!!!! Did they email you and tell you or did you just happen to see it?

lilmansmum Posted 10 May 2011 , 12:53am
post #10 of 12

Nope, they didn't tell me. A friend of mine just happened to see it yesterday, and she told me about it.

JenFailla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenFailla Posted 10 May 2011 , 1:24am
post #11 of 12

CONGRATS!!!

I check that site out everyday ( or catch up on it if I've missed a few) and I actually saw yours this morning and made a mental note to reference that cake when I made my SIL's cake- good work!!!!

hrnewbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hrnewbie Posted 11 May 2011 , 2:25am
post #12 of 12

Congratulations! Your cake was so cute. No wonder she featured it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%