Cupcake Wedding Cake

Baking By stormymom2011 Updated 10 May 2011 , 12:31pm by adamsgama

stormymom2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stormymom2011 Posted 9 May 2011 , 6:10pm
post #1 of 7

I have a Bride that wants cupcakes cascading down the side of her cake, does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

6 replies
carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 9 May 2011 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 7

Has she seen a cake like this? If so, you might want to get a copy of it so you know exactly what she's wanting...and to see how it might be done.

stevieleannescupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stevieleannescupcakes Posted 9 May 2011 , 9:20pm
post #3 of 7

I have never seen anything like this be sure to share a picture with us if you find one icon_smile.gif Sounds very interesting!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 9 May 2011 , 10:48pm
post #4 of 7

Hmmm...I think it would look silly but that is JMO...I have visions of these cupcakes falling all off the cake...and blobs everywhere..but hey....

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 10 May 2011 , 11:35am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

Hmmm...I think it would look silly but that is JMO...I have visions of these cupcakes falling all off the cake...and blobs everywhere..but hey....

That was my first thought. Weight of the cupcake + icing + the softness of the wedding cake...kinda sounds like a headache waiting to happen. I would love to see a picture too.

Reimagining_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reimagining_Confections Posted 10 May 2011 , 12:03pm
post #6 of 7

It "could" work. I would do it like a cascade of flowers around the cake, using pop-cycle sticks. Probably 2 cupcakes deep. could be cute if they were frosted to look like roses. Would need the larger sticks to make sure it stayed in and I would use a light sponge recipe for the cupcake and an airy frosting so it wasn't too heavy. Definitely set up on site and not to be moved.

Could be a challenge, BUT I would practice first. Could also easily be a disaster without the trial and error.

adamsgama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adamsgama Posted 10 May 2011 , 12:31pm
post #7 of 7

I seen this on one of the Food network challenges. I think James Roselle? did it. Only he did a stacked wedding cake, and the cupcakes were used as fillers (rows going around the pillars in between) If you could find a picture of it, maybe on FN.
This could be a good alternative

Adamsgama

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%