Need Help With Drum Set Cake!!!

Decorating By mysinfulcakes Updated 22 May 2011 , 1:55pm by sharon45

mysinfulcakes Posted 9 May 2011 , 5:25am
post #1 of 5

so i got an order for a drum set cake i need help on how to make a support for it please help!!

4 replies
CakeCrystal5308 Posted 10 May 2011 , 11:27pm
post #2 of 5

If you are able to build the cake stands then it should be pretty simple... depending on the size of the cake of course... but you (or someone you may know that is good at building things) could make the stands with a tilt that the cakes (drums) could rest on and you can cover the stand in fondant to give it a specific look....
The drum part shouldn't be too difficult depending on the style of course. But basic round cakes of different sizes and heights...
thats one idea... icon_smile.gif

mysinfulcakes Posted 11 May 2011 , 2:18am
post #3 of 5

thank you so muchh but for the stand do i just use think dowels? n glue em on the board n screw em would it hold?

CakeCrystal5308 Posted 11 May 2011 , 4:33pm
post #4 of 5

It really depends on the size and weight of each cake. You may need to build custom stands with appropriate sized wooden dowels and a wood base (for the cake board to sit on)
You may be able to fasten an appropriate dowel to a thick cake board.
All in all, it really depends on the size and weight though. Gotta use your judement...

sharon45 Posted 22 May 2011 , 1:55pm
post #5 of 5

We are making a trip to Home Depot today for the exact same thing. What did you end up doing?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%