Oven Temp. For Baking In A 24 Cup Heavy Duty Muffin Pan

Baking By Kaybaby Updated 11 May 2011 , 2:33am by Kaybaby

Kaybaby Posted 8 May 2011 , 10:18pm
post #1 of 11

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased 2 - Cuisinart 24 cup heavy duty muffin pans. The first batch of cupcakes I baked came out wrinkly. I had the oven set to 400 and dropped it down to 350 after placing them in the oven. I baked for approx. 17 minutes. I then went back to my original 12 cup pans and baked them the same way- same recipe and they rose beautifully.

Should I be doing something different?

Thanks so much,

Vonda

10 replies
cakegirl1973 Posted 8 May 2011 , 11:05pm
post #2 of 11

Try a lower temp. I bake EVERYTHING at 325 degrees.

Kaybaby Posted 8 May 2011 , 11:28pm
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakegirl1973

Try a lower temp. I bake EVERYTHING at 325 degrees.




I've tried that with the 12 cup and they did not dome at all. Will it be different with the 24 cup?

Vonda

LindaF144a Posted 9 May 2011 , 2:00am
post #4 of 11

Do you have a link to these pans? Sometimes that helps me to visualize the pan first.

LindaF144a Posted 9 May 2011 , 12:06pm
post #6 of 11

My experience has been that the only difference in the pan is the color. The shinier the pan, the darker my vanilla cupcakes.

The pan looks shallow in the pic, do the cups stick up over the rim? And what kind of pan is your 12 cup? Is it the same material?

And came out wrinkly? The top was wrinkly? Did it rise and then fall?

Can you post the recipe too? This should not make a difference if they are doming, but maybe because of the pan something has to be tweaked.

Ah, baking.....really it should be called scientific cooking or something like that. Everything effects the results.

Kaybaby Posted 9 May 2011 , 12:41pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaF144a

My experience has been that the only difference in the pan is the color. The shinier the pan, the darker my vanilla cupcakes.

The pan looks shallow in the pic, do the cups stick up over the rim? And what kind of pan is your 12 cup? Is it the same material?

And came out wrinkly? The top was wrinkly? Did it rise and then fall?

Can you post the recipe too? This should not make a difference if they are doming, but maybe because of the pan something has to be tweaked.

Ah, baking.....really it should be called scientific cooking or something like that. Everything effects the results.




The tops were wrinkly, they never rose. The cups are not shallow. The 12 cup pan is the Wilton shiny. I only used a boxed (DH) cake mix and added 1 tsp Meringue powder. After the failure, I was afraid to try anything else. The material is similar, with the Wilton being a little heavier. My oven temp. is correct.

Vonda

LindaF144a Posted 11 May 2011 , 1:31am
post #8 of 11

Sorry, I did not know you used a mix. Why add meringue powder? I wish I could be of more help, but I bake solely from scratch.

Kaybaby Posted 11 May 2011 , 1:52am
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaF144a

Sorry, I did not know you used a mix. Why add meringue powder? I wish I could be of more help, but I bake solely from scratch.




I have no idea why I added meringue powder, always do. The next batch of cupcakes will be WASC.

Vonda

LindaF144a Posted 11 May 2011 , 1:56am
post #10 of 11

Interesting, and it doesn't dry them out?

Sorry I can't help with WASC either. Good luck.

Kaybaby Posted 11 May 2011 , 2:33am
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaF144a

Interesting, and it doesn't dry them out?

Sorry I can't help with WASC either. Good luck.




WASC is delicious, you should try it.

Vonda

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%