Help I Need A Cake Idea

Decorating By candylicious Updated 9 May 2011 , 2:48am by cheatize

candylicious Posted 8 May 2011 , 5:40pm
post #1 of 5

my son school asked me to do a cake for there musical journey party ...my son is 5 yrs old...any ideas please its next wednesday

4 replies
Sorelle Posted 8 May 2011 , 6:12pm
post #2 of 5

What exactly is a "musical journey party" ? Maybe with a little info you can get more response.

LaWmn223 Posted 8 May 2011 , 6:39pm
post #3 of 5

Hmmm, maybe do a spiral cake with a path/road wrapping around it with musical notes and assorted instruments with arms and legs marching/walking up the path as it goes through towns....forest...etc?

mommakristin Posted 8 May 2011 , 6:57pm
post #4 of 5

I would do like a two or three tiered cake decorated like a piano keyboard. Then do instruments like records, drums, cymbals, etc. In elementary school they don't use actual "grown up" instruments. You could also add musical notes as well..

You could even make the tiers topsy turvy with a "path" around the outer edge that looks like a forest path..

HTH!! Good luck and please post a pic when you are done!

cheatize Posted 9 May 2011 , 2:48am
post #5 of 5

My daughter used a real trombone in fifth grade. Her arms were so short she couldn't reach 5th position. We teased her about cutting a forked branch to use. Of course, at their spring concert they played Mary had a Little Lamb and I changed the words to "I've heard this song for 6 months, for 6 months, for 6 months!" lol

How about this one?
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1711646

You could decorate the board like a road to represent the journey part.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%