Help! Cake Pops Stuck!

Baking By Lindsram Updated 17 May 2011 , 6:03am by Lindsram

Lindsram Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lindsram Posted 8 May 2011 , 6:02am
post #1 of 5

I thought it was a genius idea to dry my cake pops on my drying rack. But now I can't get them off without the bottoms ripping off. Anyone know what to do or have any suggestions? I need these for tomorrow.

4 replies
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 8 May 2011 , 10:09pm
post #2 of 5

Maybe try steaming them a bit. Bring the kettle or a pot of water to a boil, put on some oven mitts and pass the rack quickly over the steam a couple of times. Give a try to release them. That's all I can come up with.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 9 May 2011 , 2:32am
post #3 of 5

Hmm. put the rack on a heating pad or apply heat just to the bottom in some way. Maybe a hair dryer? I wouldn't try steam because I'd be concerned the water would spot the chocolate. Other than that, you can cut them off the rack and redip them.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 9 May 2011 , 2:33am
post #4 of 5

I forget to mention that I use a cooling rack covered in wax paper. I dip them with a toothpick and poke the toothpick into the waxed paper them pull it out from underneath the rack. So, you were almost there with your method. icon_smile.gif

Lindsram Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lindsram Posted 17 May 2011 , 6:03am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatize

I forget to mention that I use a cooling rack covered in wax paper. I dip them with a toothpick and poke the toothpick into the waxed paper them pull it out from underneath the rack. So, you were almost there with your method. icon_smile.gif

That's a great idea! I'll try that next time. Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up chilling them and popping them off. There were lines without chocolate on the bottoms but they were just for snacks at work. And I was trying out my Babycakes. And I love it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%