Cannot Believe What A Difference A Decent Camera Makes!

Decorating By cakegirl1973 Updated 18 May 2011 , 7:03am by lorieleann

cakegirl1973 Posted 8 May 2011 , 3:17am
post #1 of 8

Wow! I have been taking pics of my cakes with a crappy camera and with the camera on my phone. While I still have a lot of room for improvement, I always felt that my pics never did my cakes justice. I have been saving the points that I get for using my debit card for about two years and "bought" a camera, which came in the mail this week. I just took pics of the cake that I made for Mother's Day, and it looks just like the cake! The pics are good! So, for any of you who are struggling to get good, professional looking pics of your cakes (like I was), a good quality camera makes a BIG difference!

As soon as I figure out how to transfer the pics to my computer, I will post a pic on CC. icon_smile.gif

7 replies
NanaSandy Posted 8 May 2011 , 3:41am
post #2 of 8

I couldn't agree with you more!! Love my camera....but have to be honest. I am still figuring out the different settings, and what works best on which cakes. Congrats on your new camera!

m_willford Posted 8 May 2011 , 4:16am
post #3 of 8

I have a cheaper one I always keep in my diaper bag or purse, in case of kids acting cute or a car accident, or we are somewhere and I forgot my big one. And then I have my nicer camera with all the fancy settings and everything. I love using it! Mostly because the screen rotates around a bunch of different ways so I can hold the camera way up high, getting a great shot of a cake, and still see the picture on the LCD screen so I know what I'm getting without standing on a chair.

Congrats on the camera, and have fun playing with it! icon_smile.gif

lorieleann Posted 8 May 2011 , 7:01am
post #4 of 8

it is nice to have a great camera isn't it? I love mine and have had a great time learning how to use it.

Cupcations Posted 8 May 2011 , 7:04am
post #5 of 8

God bless good cameras... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif love mine
& congrats on your new camera thumbs_up.gif

Sassy74 Posted 17 May 2011 , 6:05pm
post #6 of 8

I just bought a Nikon D3100, and I know it's a great camera. It takes amazing pix, but *I* am the weak link here. I'm such a dork, I don't know jack about lighting, etc, and I don't really have a good spot in my kitchen for natural light. Sigh.

MelissaJeane Posted 17 May 2011 , 6:29pm
post #7 of 8

I dream of a new camera. I dropped mine last year and it lost its stability feature. The colors are never quite right eitheer. That was a good idea to use your points cakegirl1973 I hadn't thought of that. I'm about to go check my points icon_smile.gif

lorieleann Posted 18 May 2011 , 7:03am
post #8 of 8

For some good tips and 'plain English ' tutorials and tips, visit kenrockwell.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%