Scrollwork Question?

Decorating By Franluvsfrosting Updated 12 May 2011 , 4:01pm by 2txmedics

Franluvsfrosting Posted 7 May 2011 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 5

I am going to be doing a wedding cake for my nephew and his fiance. Hopefully I'll be able to attach the image that they sent me. In the picture the cake has scrollwork. I've done scrollwork before so that isn't an issue but I am wondering how they got the effect on these particular scrolls? Which tip was used or did they use some technique I don't know? Any help would be appreciated.

Imagehttp:[email protected]/5697255966/

Ok, I can't figure the darn thing out. Here's a link to flicker where I uploaded it. Thank you!

4 replies
KoryAK Posted 7 May 2011 , 9:25pm
post #2 of 5

I call it feathering. You use the same tip. make the main scroll then add the little feathers. It's really, really easy once you get going and I use that technique all the time, especially for hiding scrolling goofs.

Franluvsfrosting Posted 7 May 2011 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you! I have a cake in the fridge all ready to decorate and take to church in the morning and now that I know how to do it I'm going to practice. icon_smile.gif

BTW, I looked at your gallery, your cakes are exquisite!

kakeladi Posted 7 May 2011 , 10:12pm
post #4 of 5

It could also be considered overpiping. As Kory said, just add smaller extra Cs with lighter pressure.

2txmedics Posted 12 May 2011 , 4:01pm
post #5 of 5

Quote by @%username% on %date%