So How Do I Put It All Together? (Long Post But Need Help!)

Decorating By loml001 Updated 7 May 2011 , 2:50pm by Spuddysmom

loml001 Posted 7 May 2011 , 1:18pm
post #1 of 3

I've got my first wedding cake next week for a friend's daughter and I've made dozens of gum paste flowers (callas, roses, carnations, fillers, leaves, etc) and have mastered making the flowers. BUT now comes the time to arrange them into a topper for the cake (five cakes actually 14 down to 6 inches, each displayed on separate cake stands) and I'm having a mental block as to how to actually arrange them. I previously posted a question about what to use to arrange them, instead of wiring them together, and have decided to use fondant covered RKT as the base in which to stick the flower wire stems into. But I just can't seem to get a cohesive idea together about what it should look like - should it be rounded and full, flat and sprawling, EEEK! I thought making all the flowers would be the hard part - but now a week before the wedding I'm flat out of creative energy. Any ideas would help - including pictures of cake toppers that have been used before, ideas of arranging, etc. PLEASE HELP!!

2 replies
lisssa Posted 7 May 2011 , 2:17pm
post #2 of 3

I will do a buckets on all of them.
Just an idea: every each cake to have a different size bucket, from small to big.
Good luck!

Spuddysmom Posted 7 May 2011 , 2:50pm
post #3 of 3

With all of those flowers done, and since you have a week until the cake is due - why not sit down, relax with a cup of tea (wine?), and enjoy perusing the gallery of wedding cake photos. There are so many wonderful ideas there that you are sure to find several to use as your inspiration.

Quote by @%username% on %date%