Mm Fondant Question

Decorating By lisssa Updated 8 May 2011 , 1:00pm by Marianna46

lisssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisssa Posted 6 May 2011 , 9:18pm
post #1 of 8

hi there!
I will use the MM fondant to cover the cake and for decoration I will use regular fondant flower , fondant from Wilton.
Am I going to have a problem with the colors when I will take the cake out from the refrigirator???
ty!

7 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 6 May 2011 , 9:32pm
post #2 of 8

I've never had a problem of colors bleeding between one fondant and another, lisssa. Best of luck with your cake!

DotG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DotG Posted 6 May 2011 , 10:22pm
post #3 of 8

Um - should you refridgerate a fondant cake? Isn't there a danger of condensation, drooping flowers etc? Happy to be told otherwise, but when I took cake decorating classes it was not recommended.

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 6 May 2011 , 10:31pm
post #4 of 8

your cake may "sweat" when coming back to room temp from being in the fridge. it will be fine, just don't touch it while it's doing this. let it sit out until all the condensation dries off. usually i take the cake out from the fridge and let it sit for an hour in the box.

Marianna46 Posted 7 May 2011 , 3:03am
post #5 of 8

I live in a very humid area and hardly ever refrigerate fondant cakes. If I absolutely have to (as when the cake has perishable ingredients), I box it, then wrap the box in airtight plastic wrap. When I take the cake out of the fridge, I leave it like that so that the condensation will form on the box and not on the cake. When the condensation is gone and the cake is at room temp, then I open the box. But if your cake has no perishable ingredients - pastry cream, whipped cream, fresh fruit, for example - then there's no reason to refrigerate it.

lisssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisssa Posted 7 May 2011 , 3:47am
post #6 of 8

I will rrefrigirate the cake but only with the MM fondant. I am planning to leave like that for 1h and after that decorate it.

Thank you!!

hellosweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellosweetcakes Posted 7 May 2011 , 8:49pm
post #7 of 8

I'm making MacMom's BC Flavored MMF for a cake next weekend. I'd like to make it in advance. To store, can I just leave it at room temp for several days (wrapped and covered, of course) or do I need to refrigerate/freeze it?

Thanks!

Marianna46 Posted 8 May 2011 , 1:00pm
post #8 of 8

You can freeze fondant if you want to keep it for a long time, like several months. Putting fondant in the fridge to store it only makes it slimy, or so I've been told. Well wrapped, you can keep it at room temp for at least a month before it starts to dry out, and I've actually kept it that way for several months with no problem. It takes a LONG time for it to go bad.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%