Ka Professional Architect 600?!?! 50% Off!

Decorating By CanadianCakin Updated 10 May 2011 , 2:49pm by luvmysmoother

CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 6 May 2011 , 6:44pm
post #1 of 11

So I noticed today in the paper that this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
The Kitchen Aid Professional Architect 600 series mixer
Is on sale from $699 to $349!!
Now I have been using a bitty little 5 speed hand mixer.
It happens to beothets day and my birthday next week!

So my question is... Is this a good KA or is the classic or artisan
Series a better bet!? I know on paper the 600 is better,
But I want to know from experience!!

Thanks sooo much!
Ashley!

10 replies
FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 7 May 2011 , 3:27am
post #2 of 11

BUY IT. The 600 is a solid machine, I really love it.

Check for other rebates. I got my 600 at super clearance because they were releasing a newer model, PLUS I got a free chopper attachment.

Jen

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 9 May 2011 , 2:43pm
post #3 of 11

Don't buy a classic!!!! I love mine but if I had the choice I would have paid the extra for a ka with a pour shield - I can't even count the number of times icing sugar has poufed into my face making icingicon_smile.gif $349 is an awesome deal - it will last forever, easy maintenance, and will save tons of wear and tear on your arms and backicon_smile.gif

infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 9 May 2011 , 3:30pm
post #4 of 11

Which store has it for half off?

annie84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annie84 Posted 9 May 2011 , 3:41pm
post #5 of 11

It was on sale at Sears in Canada. Not sure if the sale was just for this past weekend though

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 9 May 2011 , 3:56pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmysmoother

Don't buy a classic!!!! I love mine but if I had the choice I would have paid the extra for a ka with a pour shield - I can't even count the number of times icing sugar has poufed into my face making icingicon_smile.gif $349 is an awesome deal - it will last forever, easy maintenance, and will save tons of wear and tear on your arms and backicon_smile.gif

Mine has the pour shield - it works terribly and I don't use it! I just cover with either a towel or a piece of plastic wrap (over the top of the mixer and all) if I have a full bowl. Works MUCH better.

Jen

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 9 May 2011 , 4:09pm
post #7 of 11

KAs are NOT what they used to be. The pour shield is stupid and doesnt't work. There are problems with nearly every model. If you can get one on super sale, that's great, but don't expect it to be a lifetime investment.

Cuisinart or Viking are better machines.

jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 9 May 2011 , 4:17pm
post #8 of 11

I agree with Leah....I have two 6qt KA's The first one solid as a rock and 15 to 17 years old....the second, I have sent in for repairs twice. The pour shield is crap. With that being said.....I love and use them both everyday. If you can get it on sale then GREAT!! But, If I ever need another one.... I may try a Viking. Happy baking, Laura A Sweet Success

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 9 May 2011 , 4:26pm
post #9 of 11

KAs are not good anymore. If you can get a great sale (less than $250) it might be OK, but they don't last like the ones from before the 80s.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/kitchenaid_mixers.html

Cuisinart, Viking or even Breville (a new one) are better.

NJCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NJCakery Posted 9 May 2011 , 4:29pm
post #10 of 11

The KA PA 600 in lots of different colors seems to be on sale at Sears.ca through May 23 - looks like the specialty attachments are on sale as well. Would make a wonderful gift icon_smile.gif

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 10 May 2011 , 2:49pm
post #11 of 11

Thanks for letting me know that the pour shield sucks - makes me feel a lot bettericon_smile.gif I figured I didn't need the top of the line for hobby baking (and the classic is great in every other way so far) so I personally have no complaints at allicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%