Business Insurance

Business By dchockeyguy Updated 6 May 2011 , 1:12pm by dchockeyguy

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 5 May 2011 , 8:18pm
post #1 of 5

I wondered who most people get their insurance through? Who seems to have the best rates, and how much insurance do most people carry?

Thanks!

4 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 6 May 2011 , 1:14am
post #2 of 5

I have two million dollars total, and it's around $350 a year. I just got it through my regular insurance agent, I can't remember what carrier it is and I'm too lazy to go look it up icon_smile.gif

There was a thread on here before about this, and most people were paying around 300-350 a year for their coverage.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 May 2011 , 6:00am
post #3 of 5

Dont' try to shop insurance yourself. There is a reason that insurance agents are licensed and have to pass extensive tests before they are allowed to sell insurance. it is contract law.

That's why I always higly recommend one visit an independent agent (one who sells for multiple companies rather than, for example, a State Farm agent, who only sells State Farm). An indp agt can shop yoru business out to multiple companies to get you the best rate and the best coverage for what you need.

My need as a bakery was way different than my father-in-law's need as a mechanic. My agent happened to represent a company that caters almost exclusively to the food and restaurant industry, ergo they had better rates than anyone. I would never have had access to this company if I shopped it on my own because many cmpanies do not sell directly to the consumer (contrary to the geico concept!) .... they sell only thru a licensed insurance agent.

Talk to your agent. He/She is the expert. he/she can get you what you need.

brian964 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brian964 Posted 6 May 2011 , 12:19pm
post #4 of 5

There is no company that offers the best deal for every person. You have to get quotes from different companies online and see which companies can provide you with the best price: http://www.quotes-center.com/business-insurance-quotes.html

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 6 May 2011 , 1:12pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks! I Debbi's comment about the independent agent makes sense. I was going to see what USAA would offer me, since my other insurance is with them, but I think they're a little high, honestly. But I'll admit you can't beat their customer service!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%