Oops, I Thought I Had Some! Please Help!

Decorating By CiNoRi Updated 5 May 2011 , 6:54am by CiNoRi

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 5 May 2011 , 3:37am
post #1 of 7

I was about to cover a foam ball with Modeling Chocolate....I thought I had piping Gel as glue....but i think I tossed it! Do you have any suggestions on what i can use? I was thinking melted chocolate... but i fear thats going to dry too fast before I can do the covering.

Any help is appreciated!

6 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 5 May 2011 , 3:55am
post #2 of 7

You probably don't need anything if you've kneaded your modeling chocolate for a bit.

If you do feel that you need something, shortening or a bit of H2O will work fine.

Rae

CiNoRi Posted 5 May 2011 , 3:59am
post #3 of 7

Thanks... Any chance you can confirm my MC is ok... made some earlier... havent made white in a loooong time... i have not needed it yet since pouring it out too cool.... it looks/ feels a little grainy... and its really oily... think its ok?

BlakesCakes Posted 5 May 2011 , 4:07am
post #4 of 7

Has it rested at room temp for a day or so? What brand of white choco did you use? I used Ghirardelli once and it was a grainy, oily mess. I had to chuck it.

You can try to blot some of the oil w/ a paper towel, but I don't personally have a cure for graininess. I've had chunks in some, re-melted it, and let it sit again and it came out great.

HTH
Rae

CiNoRi Posted 5 May 2011 , 4:11am
post #5 of 7

I used candy melts...prolly not the best choice icon_sad.gif i have some nestles on hand i can try that.

I really appreciate your help. icon_wink.gif

BlakesCakes Posted 5 May 2011 , 4:16am
post #6 of 7

Candy melts can be finicky.

I think the Nestle's is a good idea. I like the results I get when I use it.

Hope it works out for you.

I'm hitting the sack--up early to work on cakes.....
Rae

CiNoRi Posted 5 May 2011 , 6:54am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakesCakes

Candy melts can be finicky.

I think the Nestle's is a good idea. I like the results I get when I use it.

Hope it works out for you.

I'm hitting the sack--up early to work on cakes.....
Rae

Well I tried using the original MC I made, figured why not give it a shot first...once i kneaded it it seemed to help. Got the ball covered.... now lets see if it holds. *fingerscrossed*

Being that its not being eaten...it should be ok... but I would defiantly redo it if it were going on something edible. Either way I have learned my lesson.... no more Candy melts!

Thanks again for your help. I havent used MC is a long time... got frustrated make it a while back since it was never consistant enough for me icon_wink.gif It is fun medium to mold with though icon_wink.gif

LOL Yeah my idea was to get up early to work on cakes... well im up early....oh that's right... I have not gone to bed yet! Guess I should eh? icon_wink.gif

Night! ...or Morning! as the case may be!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%