Advertising New Cake Business

Business By cakesbyashli Updated 5 May 2011 , 3:30am by jlsheik

cakesbyashli Posted 5 May 2011 , 2:13am
post #1 of 6

how do you advertise your cake business? has anyone tried facebook pages?

5 replies
mplaidgirl2 Posted 5 May 2011 , 2:30am
post #2 of 6

Right now I'm all word of mouth. I have a corporate job by day so I can really only bake on the weekend. I do post pics on my personal facebook page and I do get friends of friends asking for things.

ALWAYS send some business cards with whatever cake you make.
If people at the party liked your stuff you will get calls

jason_kraft Posted 5 May 2011 , 3:01am
post #3 of 6

In the beginning our biggest ROI was from Google AdWords, as the business grew and word of mouth took over we stopped buying AdWords, and most of our traffic now comes from and Google Places. Old-fashioned networking is also important, so get out there and talk to wedding planners, venues, and so on.

We have a FB page for our business but it is basically a placeholder that sends people to our real web site, FB business pages don't look very professional in my opinion.

cakesbyashli Posted 5 May 2011 , 3:11am
post #4 of 6

ah thanks for the info. i agree with the fb pages, not to professional looking. As far as contacting venues, i really haven't done wedding cakes, i do more sculpted/special occasion cakes. so not sure what the best venue for those. maybe party planning companies.

yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 5 May 2011 , 3:21am
post #5 of 6

As soon as I got legal I started a FB business page, just for the time being while I work on my website. I posted on my FB page for my friends to visit and I had 70+ friends on the business site in less than 2 days. I don't even have 70 FB friends on my personal page! It was awesome!

jlsheik Posted 5 May 2011 , 3:30am
post #6 of 6

Your best advertisement is have to believe in the product you are selling. It should come in to every conversation you have....with a teller, cashier, clerk. Tell them what you do and why you do it.....and then give it away!! When baking a large load of batter pour off extra cupcakes and give them to everyone!! I have had a cake shop for 2years now and I still give it away....hook them with a cupcake and they will find you!! Happy baking, Laura

Quote by @%username% on %date%