Packaging For Farmer's Markets

Baking By mpetty Updated 4 May 2011 , 10:25pm by Amberwaves

mpetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpetty Posted 4 May 2011 , 8:15pm
post #1 of 2

For those who have sold cookie at farmer's markets, I'm wondering what your thoughts would be about using top cards, or foldover cards, when packaging cookies to sell at the markets. I have a huge stash of scrapbook paper I could use, but am wondering if somehow the top card would interfere with the visibility of the presentation.

Each cookie would have to be labeled with the ingredients and the fact that they were made at home (Michigan's 2010 cottage law), so the back of the card might be a good place to put the label, if it doesn't block the view of the cookies behind it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

1 reply
Amberwaves Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amberwaves Posted 4 May 2011 , 10:25pm
post #2 of 2

You can package the cookies in a cellophane cookie bag and then just fold the top over and staple the card to that. Or I have also packaged regular cookies (choc chip, etc) stacked 6 in a bag and then fold the top over and staple the card to it.

If you are going to wrap the cookie in saran wrap instead of a bag you can print in a circle on the cardstock and cut that out and glue it to the back so it doesn't cover the cookie up.

One way that I got around having to wrap each item was by purchasing an acrylic bakery case that sits on the counter. The identifying label and ingredients were listed on the case in large print for people to read before they purchased a cookie.

I served them by wearing gloves and putting the cookies right into glassine bags. I don't know if that would work where you are, but it sure saved me on having to wrap each item and the display looked really professional.

I found my case in the classifieds for $50.00 and it even has a key to lock the doors on it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%