Michael's Coupon???

Decorating By sugarlicious Updated 4 May 2011 , 4:25pm by TexasSugar

sugarlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlicious Posted 4 May 2011 , 10:38am
post #1 of 9

Hi, I just printed off Michaels's 40% off coupon from a flyer site online to use on my trip to Michael's but when I read the coupon it says " No reproductions or electronic images accepted" does that mean my printed coupon is no good (oh by the way I live in Canada), if so, why would they have sites where you can print the coupons but can't use them? But, if I can use them, can one person use multiple coupons or just one at a time?

8 replies
PoodleDoodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PoodleDoodle Posted 4 May 2011 , 11:14am
post #2 of 9

I'm in the US & that's how I get Michael's coupons. I believe it has that statement on there. I think they just don't want you printing & distributing their coupons.

You can always call the store & ask.

sugarlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlicious Posted 4 May 2011 , 11:19am
post #3 of 9

Thanks I will call and check, my nearest Michael's is an hour and half drive from where I live.

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 4 May 2011 , 12:51pm
post #4 of 9

That means no copies and no taking your phone in and showing them the electronic image expecting them to honor it.

mischelle522 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mischelle522 Posted 4 May 2011 , 2:59pm
post #5 of 9

Typically Michael's on takes one coupon per person per day. But depending on the cashier you might be able to get away with using more than one.
They also take competitor coupons as well( Joanns or Hobby Lobby).

Dont know if there is a Joanns near you but Joanns take competitors coupons too, however you can use more than one at a time. But if they have the same bar code- they usually do it in separate transactions. At least they do at my local store in the US.

HTH

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 4 May 2011 , 3:00pm
post #6 of 9

I was told you can use more than one if they have different bar codes.

mischelle522 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mischelle522 Posted 4 May 2011 , 3:08pm
post #7 of 9

@ Kristiemarie
In my experience it has only been on coupon per day- but again each store and cashier is different. And this only happens at Michael's.
It says it on the coupons-

pncbrewer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pncbrewer Posted 4 May 2011 , 4:11pm
post #8 of 9

i work for micheals let me see if i can explain this.
you may use compture coupons. you may print as many copies as you wish. you may use your phone for coupons. you may only use one coupon per purchase, if it is for the same code. (ie. 40% off -only one can be used - or 40% and 20% for floral) but they can not be used on the same item. some cashiers will let you use more than one a day ie. you may check out multiply times but this is frowned upon heavly.
have been told that in the near future that there will be a michaels card (bonus type thing) that will automaticly give you % off when you use it. but that is just hear say. we take competitors coupons acmoore has a lot of 50% off. so print them off and use them\\.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 4 May 2011 , 4:25pm
post #9 of 9

Michaels are starting to except ecoupons. If you look at the new coupons they actually have a separate barcode and number card. They like you to have a phone that will make the picture big enough to scan it, but they can enter in just the number. (My phone doesn't like me enlarge it like some phones.)

Since they send out so many coupons in emails I think that is something that was stuck on the original paper coupons and just never removed, or is standard for their coupons. You can't take a coupon out of the newspaper and make a photo copy of it. But they do allow you to print them out and use them.

Now I am in the US, but our store has signs up that does say they do take ecoupons now. So call your store and ask them. icon_smile.gif

As far as using multiplies. The other night I used a 40% off coupon for one item and a 15% off the rest of the stuff, on top of my employee discount, so their systems can do it. They won't be able to take more than one coupon in a transaction if it has the same barcode. So I wouldn't go up there with 5 40% off's and expect them to take them all off in one transaction. Sometimes they will allow you to do two back to back transactions, but I wouldn't suggest doing that if there are a bunch of people in line. And the store does have the right to say no to that. If you have family you can always bring someone with you and they can 'buy' something.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%