How To Video: Whimsical Cake

Decorating By 2txmedics Updated 4 May 2011 , 7:18pm by 2txmedics

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 4 May 2011 , 4:28am
post #1 of 4

I trying to find a cake how to that shows a video step by step, I didnt find it but did find this video and thought Wow!!! Thats how its done!, Im a visual person so I thought I'd post this video here for those of you who want this idea but cant figure out how to do it.

Enjoy!

Im not understanding how its done, I keep reading 6,78 and 7,8,9, 1" BUT AM LOST!!! sorry cake dummy here...Im more of a visual person if someone has a video on you tube....
thanks!!!

3 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 4 May 2011 , 11:44am
post #2 of 4

Hey 2Txmedic..How are yah?...I think what they have done is stacked a 6,7 and then 8..and then 7.8,9 and 10 which is upside down so it is easier to carve the sides.HTH

Laurel icon_smile.gif

debbief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbief Posted 4 May 2011 , 5:20pm
post #3 of 4

Hi 2txmedics icon_smile.gif I saw that video when I made my first (and only so far) topsy turvy. I only made two tiers. Very helpful.

I also made a cake like the one you are asking about. Again only two tiers. But I did what Laurel just said. I don't remember the exact sizes but I know the largest was an 8". The way I carved it was, I put the largest on a cardboard of the same size. Then stacked the rest of the layers on top. I cut a cardboard the size I wanted the smallest layer to be and put that on top. then I took a long serrated knife and carved until my knife was flush against both the top and bottom boards. So basically I used both boards as my guide for carving. Then I turned it upside down so the small layers were on the bottom. I dowled that and did a smaller version of the same for the top tier. Be careful when placing dowels to make sure they are far enough from the edged that they don't come out of the side of the cake toward the bottom. I know that's not a visual, but hopefully you get the idea.

Here's the one I did:

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1993972

Ok if you really need a visual, I just found this. Maybe try this and just stop at step 2...then flip it over. You could use more layers of course.

http://www.parents.com/fun/birthdays/themes/ancient-egyptian-treasure-hunt/?page=2

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 4 May 2011 , 7:18pm
post #4 of 4

Hey Kiddie! How the heck are you? Im still around, got alittle bit better at the transfers...lol, not as good as you! but alot better than when I was begging you for help!!! lol icon_biggrin.gif

my latest one was Justnie Bieber...for my grand daugh.

Thanks to both of you for the tips on how to make this next cake I have, all last night I keep wondering I cant do this...I might as well tell my daugh. that she has to go simple...lol

You know me, always scared.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%