Need Oak Leaf Cutters/veiners

Decorating By FromScratchSF Updated 4 May 2011 , 8:10pm by sweetie78

FromScratchSF Posted 4 May 2011 , 3:00am
post #1 of 5

I have an order for a wedding cake and I need to get oak leaf cutters/veiners - they need to look as realistic as possible - I've looked at Global Sugar, just looking for some other sources if you have a link to share.

Thanks in advance,

4 replies
DSmo Posted 4 May 2011 , 3:24am
post #2 of 5

I know you said you checked GSA, but that's where I got mine after doing a lot of searching.

I got this one:

and this one:

Neither is the actual size of a real oak leaf. But the shape of the first one is really nice. I haven't yet found a veiner I like.

sweetie78 Posted 4 May 2011 , 6:12pm
post #3 of 5

I used a Celcakes Hydrangea Leaf Veiner for some of the leaves on my fall leaves wedding cake. I also used a real (non-toxic) leaf that I covered with plastic wrap to get the veins on some of the leaves as well. The painting is the most important part, if you want to get them to look realistic. Paint in layers, veins first, and mixing colors helps also, especially if you're going for a fall look. HTH! icon_smile.gif

*Oops! forgot to add this link:

Slightly more realistic than you'd find in most cake stores.

FromScratchSF Posted 4 May 2011 , 6:38pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you, I am actually going to be cutting them from modeling chocolate, so a good matching veiner is important since I won't be doing any painting. The bride actually wanted me to paint chocolate onto real oak leaves (like she saw on a blog somewhere) but we have a problem - no oak leaves where we live. That, and I have painted chocolate on leaves before - they are super fragile and I need to do a full cascade - so I need bendy too icon_biggrin.gif

sweetie78 Posted 4 May 2011 , 8:10pm
post #5 of 5

Ah, yes. That does pose a problem. I'm in the city of trees (hi neighbor!) so I guess I got lucky. I'll be watching this post as I'm always on the prowl for good cutters and veiners. Hope you find what you need, and I'm sure the cake will be lovely! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%