Gamer Cake Help!

Decorating By MamaMia808 Updated 4 May 2011 , 7:33am by MamaMia808

MamaMia808 Posted 4 May 2011 , 1:30am
post #1 of 7

A woman emailed me asking for a b-day cake for her hubby that is based/looks like the game TFC Team Fortress and I have NO idea what to do! It looks like a military shooting game and the best I can come up with is a camo pattern on the mmf.

Anyone have an idea of what I can do for this cake??? HEELLLLPPPP! Thanks!!! icon_smile.gif

6 replies
FromScratchSF Posted 4 May 2011 , 2:06am
post #2 of 7

I DO I DO!!! I LOVE that game!!!

Sculpted or 2D? How big? BTW there's no camo in the game, it's more of a lumber yard factory type thing... http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1G1SNYR_ENUS402&biw=1406&bih=705&site=search&tbm=isch&aq=f&aqi=g10&oq=&q=team%20fortress%202

So one of the game modes is "capture the flag", one of the easiest classes of characters is an engineer that builds gun turrets...

So you could do a 1/2 sheet cake, make an engineer out of gumpaste, have him sitting with a turret guarding the "flag", which I'd make a mini cupcake with a little flag in it!

Engineer with turret: http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjFNe8V68ktbH58PCf8Xx9bVTspkgkdrfC2s0_oiVN4nGTtQJt

Anyway, I hope that gives you more direction,

Jen

FromScratchSF Posted 4 May 2011 , 2:09am
post #3 of 7

Oh, I just realized you said Team Fortress Classic... that's an old game, but same premise.

kjaonline Posted 4 May 2011 , 3:40am
post #4 of 7

Can you confirm if the woman wanted a Team Fortress OR Team Fortress Classic cake? The two games are totally different with the former based on the latter. icon_biggrin.gif

MamaMia808 Posted 4 May 2011 , 4:07am
post #5 of 7

Ahh! Ok! I'll check with her ASAP! I had NO CLUE what either game was! Thank you so so much for all your help!

It'll most likely be a small round 6" or 8" cake. She has a small budget so it'll definitely NOT be sculpted.

THANKS CC PEEPS! YOU ROCK!!!

SammieB Posted 4 May 2011 , 4:21am
post #6 of 7

I was so excited when I saw this thread! But my husband is the classic gamer, whereas I played TF2. And they are so very different!

MamaMia808 Posted 4 May 2011 , 7:33am
post #7 of 7

Ok gamers! She confirms that it is Team Fortress Classic! Her budget is smaller than I thought ($100 for both the cake and some cake pops) so I need a simple design that can at least give hints of the game.

THANKS CC GAMERS!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%