Gamer Cake Help!

Decorating By MamaMia808 Updated 4 May 2011 , 7:33am by MamaMia808

MamaMia808 Posted 4 May 2011 , 1:30am
post #1 of 7

A woman emailed me asking for a b-day cake for her hubby that is based/looks like the game TFC Team Fortress and I have NO idea what to do! It looks like a military shooting game and the best I can come up with is a camo pattern on the mmf.

Anyone have an idea of what I can do for this cake??? HEELLLLPPPP! Thanks!!! icon_smile.gif

6 replies
FromScratchSF Posted 4 May 2011 , 2:06am
post #2 of 7

I DO I DO!!! I LOVE that game!!!

Sculpted or 2D? How big? BTW there's no camo in the game, it's more of a lumber yard factory type thing...

So one of the game modes is "capture the flag", one of the easiest classes of characters is an engineer that builds gun turrets...

So you could do a 1/2 sheet cake, make an engineer out of gumpaste, have him sitting with a turret guarding the "flag", which I'd make a mini cupcake with a little flag in it!

Engineer with turret:

Anyway, I hope that gives you more direction,

FromScratchSF Posted 4 May 2011 , 2:09am
post #3 of 7

Oh, I just realized you said Team Fortress Classic... that's an old game, but same premise.

kjaonline Posted 4 May 2011 , 3:40am
post #4 of 7

Can you confirm if the woman wanted a Team Fortress OR Team Fortress Classic cake? The two games are totally different with the former based on the latter. icon_biggrin.gif

MamaMia808 Posted 4 May 2011 , 4:07am
post #5 of 7

Ahh! Ok! I'll check with her ASAP! I had NO CLUE what either game was! Thank you so so much for all your help!

It'll most likely be a small round 6" or 8" cake. She has a small budget so it'll definitely NOT be sculpted.

SammieB Posted 4 May 2011 , 4:21am
post #6 of 7

I was so excited when I saw this thread! But my husband is the classic gamer, whereas I played TF2. And they are so very different!

MamaMia808 Posted 4 May 2011 , 7:33am
post #7 of 7

Ok gamers! She confirms that it is Team Fortress Classic! Her budget is smaller than I thought ($100 for both the cake and some cake pops) so I need a simple design that can at least give hints of the game.

Quote by @%username% on %date%