So I Bought A Cake Safe...now How Do I Carry It?

Decorating By springlakecake Updated 4 May 2011 , 9:22pm by MimiFix

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 3 May 2011 , 11:40pm
post #1 of 11

My new cake safe arrived today. I bought one after waking up in a cold sweat a few weeks ago about some long distance deliveries. After seeing all of the positive reviews I decided to order one. It arrived today and I love it...except I won't be able to carry it myself. It is the medium size I belive and it is awkward to lift. It feels hard to carry without a cake in it. I am thinking the only thing I can do is to have help. Am I correct or is there some other way? thanks

10 replies
nancyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancyg Posted 4 May 2011 , 12:00am
post #2 of 11

I would like the answer also, as I would like to buy one
Thanks

lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 4 May 2011 , 12:28am
post #3 of 11

Nope... you will need help... or a rolling cart. It's hard to carry alone since it's so wide.

springlakecake Posted 4 May 2011 , 11:59am
post #4 of 11

I do all my deliveries alone and never asked for more help than to hold the door. Are people usually willing to help or do I need to bring my own?

lilmissbakesalot Posted 4 May 2011 , 7:49pm
post #5 of 11

Someone from the venue should be able to help, but I would call and ask before delivery. What are the dimensions of your cake safe? Can you get your arm under it and carry it? What I mean is arms bent 90 degrees out in front of you... you *might* be able to carry it that way. I can carry an 18 x 24" box that way with a 4 tiered cake in it but it is VERY awkward... LOL.

I know the cake safe is much heavier than a cardboard box.

springlakecake Posted 4 May 2011 , 8:00pm
post #6 of 11

I think that I won't be able to carry it myself. It is hard enough without a cake in it. It is just sort of awkward and I'd hate to drop it. I don'tknow that the safe is designed to be dropped lol!

lilmissbakesalot Posted 4 May 2011 , 8:34pm
post #7 of 11

LOL... no, but wouldn't that be great?

VanillaCoke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VanillaCoke Posted 4 May 2011 , 8:47pm
post #8 of 11

If you watch the video of the lady on the moped, she takes the cake out of the safe when she gets to the venue and carries it in. Maybe that's what they were thinking people would do?

GGFan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GGFan Posted 4 May 2011 , 8:55pm
post #9 of 11

How about get a cart to help? I just got a cart from Amazon for around $40-50. It works great. No more stress about the weight.

lilmissbakesalot Posted 4 May 2011 , 9:17pm
post #10 of 11

Technically you are supposed to have the cake covered whenever it is outside. Think about it... bird flies by and SPLAT... or dust/bugs/leaves... that all could end up on your cake.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 4 May 2011 , 9:22pm
post #11 of 11

Most people are very willing to help. I've stopped strangers and asked if they wouldn't mind... You could bring some cookies or a nice treat and offer to "pay" them. (And a big smile doesn't hurt.) I've never had a problem finding someone to help me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%