Specific Silicone Fondant Molds Needed...help!

Decorating By lc04 Updated 3 May 2011 , 8:09pm by aprilismaius

lc04 Posted 3 May 2011 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 3

Hey all, I have a client who would like to have the EXACT same cake made as this one by Ron Ben-Israel (Garden Rose Wedding Cake, slide 3 of 3icon_cool.gif, so I need to find those fondant molds by the middle of May. The link is below. Does anyone know the specific molds that I need? I can look through websites for hours/days, but thought there would definitely be some expertise here to draw from...thanks so much in advance for your help!!

You will have to click the arrow at the top of the page to reach slice 3 of 38 for the photo of the cake. Sorry I don't know how to attach photos on here!

2 replies
ConfectionsCC Posted 3 May 2011 , 7:40pm
post #2 of 3

check out first impression molds, they may have what you are looking for, or similar. You could even buy silicone and make your own molds! You need to let the bride know that you may not beable to have that EXACT lace pattern but you can make something equally as beautiful!

aprilismaius Posted 3 May 2011 , 8:09pm
post #3 of 3

Ron makes his lace molds himself to match the bride's lace, so you might have a hard time getting that exact lace mold online.

However, if you find a piece of lace similar to that at a fabric store, you could 1) run a piece of lace and fondant through a pasta machine, cut it out with an exacto knife and then overpipe in royal icing or 2) make your own mold with it by visiting makeyourownmolds dot com.

You might also try and see if the bride likes any of Earlene's lace molds.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%