Cakes For Family!

Decorating By crazybus Updated 3 May 2011 , 7:40pm by teezed

crazybus Posted 3 May 2011 , 6:37pm
post #1 of 5

Hi y'all!!!!

New to this forum I was wondering if y'all could help me with something.

I make cakes for my family for fun, after being inspired by Food Network Cake Challenge icon_smile.gif

It was just my Father's Birthday...and he wants to pay me for the birthday cake I made him. I told him I only do it for fun, and he can pay my cost to bake it, but he said he wants to pay me, as if I was a "professional".

I know I do not have a business, but can I accept his money and if so, how much should I charge him for my cake? I already tried telling him it was $40, and he laughed and told me to ask other people what they would be charging for a cake like the one I made him and then get back to him.

I think he is just being I am going to charge him for fun (just this once) but I wanted to know how much you guys would pay for it and how much you would all charge?

I make cakes as a Hobby, but I was interested in your opinion so I can let him know. He is interested to know too. LOL I dunno why...LOL..

The picture is in my profile stuff.

Thanks in advance y'all.

4 replies
YellowBrickRd Posted 3 May 2011 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 5

icon_cool.gif Easily $125 (prob more due to figures) where Im at. (TN) I checked some of the local sites for such cakes to get an idea. Your work is awesome. Love the figures!!!!

Kitagrl Posted 3 May 2011 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 5

Very cute! Can't believe its your first fondant cake!

I dunno...with family...if you don't have a business...I'd just tell him how much you spent on the cake (everything included) and how much time it took you to decorate it, and have him pay you what he thinks that is worth....

But that's just me...

iwishicould Posted 3 May 2011 , 7:24pm
post #4 of 5

It's for your Dad.....Nothing!

teezed Posted 3 May 2011 , 7:40pm
post #5 of 5

I think he's just proud of you and wants to show his support of you in anyway he can...!!
Nice job by the way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%