Peanut Butter Fondant Cake?

Decorating By chelseasaurus Updated 6 May 2011 , 6:24am by Rendee

chelseasaurus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelseasaurus Posted 3 May 2011 , 6:14pm
post #1 of 6

Hi, my boyfriends birthday is friday and he loooves peanut butter. I made him a vanilla cake before with a fondant icing with a batman symbol made out of fondant on top. But for this time i want to do something with peanut butter cake or a peanut butter fondant? what do u suggest? and ingredients i will need as well pleaseicon_smile.gif

5 replies
bethyscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethyscake Posted 4 May 2011 , 6:11am
post #2 of 6

Not too sure about peanut butter fondant I don't thing the oils in the peanut butter will allow it to keep its normal texture, but a chocolate cake with a peanut butter butter cream would be tasty. Or you could do peanut butter cake with the peanut butter filling, and chocolate butter cream on the outside with chocolate fondant, and make it look like a reese's pieces. that would be fun icon_smile.gif

sunset74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunset74 Posted 4 May 2011 , 6:32am
post #3 of 6

I would do a chocolate cake, with Peanut butter filling/buttercream and frost it in peanut butter. I made a very similar recipe to this one http://annies-eats.com/2008/07/23/reese%E2%80%99s-cup-chocolate-peanut-butter-cake/ but into cupcakes. It is SUPER rich, but it is DEFINATLY peanut buttery. If you want something he won't soon forget I would think about something like this.

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 4 May 2011 , 10:49am
post #4 of 6

I make a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and chocolate ganache and call it my "Buckeye" cake. (Like the Buckeye candy.) If I owned a shop, I am sure this would be one of my best sellers.

icejan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icejan Posted 6 May 2011 , 6:04am
post #5 of 6

I have not tried to bake a cake with a butter, but just try to experiment if what would be the result.

Rendee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rendee Posted 6 May 2011 , 6:24am
post #6 of 6

I did a chocolate cake w/ peanut butter frosting and reese's peanut butter cups chopped up in the middle and then covered it w/ vanilla fondant. I could use chocolate fondant instand. Either way, it is a very good cake!!! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%