Cake Idea Of Aug...big Birthdays!

Decorating By King-Girlz Updated 19 May 2011 , 5:29pm by King-Girlz

King-Girlz Posted 3 May 2011 , 2:30pm
post #1 of 5

My friend has asked me to make a cake for August for a big family birthday party. It is for all women who are celebrating big birthdays in 2011. One is turning 30, one 40, one 50, one 60, and one 70.
Anyone have any ideas on how to put these milestones all in one cake?
Thanks in advance,

4 replies
Coral3 Posted 4 May 2011 , 1:29am
post #2 of 5

I don't have any specific design ideas so this may not be helpful, but I'd probably go for a more generalised theme of 'Fabulous at any age' rather than trying to deal with each of those ages.

CandyCU Posted 10 May 2011 , 9:43am
post #3 of 5

Initially I thought; a 5 tier cake with each tier dedicated to each lady but... that would be tricky and might look very busy.

I like the idea of a universal theme to suit all of them. Perhaps something a bit more traditional but with a modern twist?

Here a some ideas I came up with for fondant - 2 or 3 tiers, depending on number of guests? roses and pearls? puffy bows? hand painted flourishes or swirls? stripes or diamond impression sides? mini bags and shoes? martini glasses? explosion out of top with stars or balls on wires? lots of shimmer? the numbers 30, 40, 50, 60, 70 somewhere on the cake? pearl borders?

They're all special milestones so I definately think a spectacular cake is in order!

Have fun with it and HTH!

mplaidgirl2 Posted 10 May 2011 , 11:04am
post #4 of 5

Maybe a universal theme for the over all cake... But you can create fondant figures climbing up the cake to the next age 'step'

King-Girlz Posted 19 May 2011 , 5:29pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you...I think you are right...martini glass would be neat! Purses and shoes...all lady cake! It will be a 2 tiered cake with fondant. Now I have some planning to do. I have seen some martini glasses with I am guessing fondant in it to make it look like liquid...with an olive of course! Thanks for brainstorming. I want it to rock their socks off!

Quote by @%username% on %date%