I'm sure this has been around... and either way I know everyone is always asking for a good Cream cheese BC that can stand up to no refrigeration.
I'm a huge fan if Indydebi's BC, also I'm not big on super sweet Frostings.
I have tried several recipes posted on here for shelf stable Cream cheese frostings... and to me the are always WAY too sweet (probably to stabilize the Cream cheese) and I just dont taste the cream cheese.
I made Indydebi's BC recipe this way:
1. Cream in mixer - 1 & 1/3 cup Sweetex (High Ratio Shortening) about a minute or 2 <can go way longer... wont hurt it>
2. Scrape sides of bowl, cream a little more
3. Add 1 Packet Dream Whip mix a little
4. Add 1 Dram LorAnn's Cheesecake Flavor Oil, Cream about a minute- Scraping sides of bowl have way through.
5. Measure out 1/2 cup of Half & half (note you might not need all of it, or in some cases you might need a little more - depending on you local weather conditions/ the constancy needed)
6. Keeping mixer on lowest setting, alternate 2lbs of powderd sugar with half & half till fully combined.
7. scrap sides of bowl throughout mixing
I have also found that making it the day before adding to the cake helps with the cream cheese flavor!
This is a very light /not to sweet flavor!
Thanks! I'll have to try this, I've been on the lookout for some sort of cheesecake filling that isn't a lot of work and that doesn't have to be refrigerated... wanted to try some of the cake flavors from the huge flavor list somewhere on this site.
I have done this a few times and have had a lot of compliments. If you want more Cheesecake flavor try adding more LorAnn oil. I have just stuck with the one dram because of the lighter flavor. But definitely wait 1 day before deciding to add more, since the resting time does bring out the flavor.