Storing Cake Boxes

Decorating By suzylynn58 Updated 4 May 2011 , 1:49am by suzylynn58

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 3 May 2011 , 1:13pm
post #1 of 8

I'm sure most of you are like me and have multiple sizes of cake boxes. I need some ideas on how to store them. Right now I have 3 stacks with different sized in each stack and they are hard to deal with. I am sure there is a better way, but I haven't come up with it yet.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Susan

7 replies
erin12345 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erin12345 Posted 3 May 2011 , 1:36pm
post #2 of 8

I store mine in those huge ziplock bags meant for sweaters or toys or blankets. Keeps them from getting dirty and it's easier trying to find the size I need. Can lay it flat or stand it up along side something in the basement.

madicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madicakes Posted 3 May 2011 , 2:15pm
post #3 of 8

What a brilliant idea Erin....sometimes the most logical ideas are never the most obvious...lol. I will certainly use that idea once I get my business up and running.

crushed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crushed Posted 3 May 2011 , 6:48pm
post #4 of 8

I store my boxes flat in the shipping boxes they came in. It keeps them clean and organized and they lean up against the wall in my closet. At the beginning of the week, I check my orders for the week and fold only those that I'll need for that week.

HTH

Candice56 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Candice56 Posted 3 May 2011 , 7:03pm
post #5 of 8

yes the zip lock bag is a good idea I'll give that one a try.

FH_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FH_Cakes Posted 3 May 2011 , 8:14pm
post #6 of 8

My local cake shop that closed down used a plywood box with dividers in it...I considered having one built like this but instead I folded my down and use the bottom 4 racks of my "Bakers Rack" to store them all. I had been storing them on their sides but I noticed with the weight, they began to bend/warp.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 3 May 2011 , 9:06pm
post #7 of 8

Please don't store them in the restroom. A local coffee shop stored their bakery boxes on shelves in the restroom! When we saw that, my husband and I took the donut away from my daughter, threw out all of our food and left. We never went back there. That was a few years ago. They are no longer in business.

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 4 May 2011 , 1:49am
post #8 of 8

Thanks for the ideas! I agree, the bathroom storage is GROSS!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%