I Have A Delema... Need Help!

Decorating By Crazboutcakes Updated 3 May 2011 , 2:18am by LNW

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 3 May 2011 , 12:26am
post #1 of 7

I have a cake that is due tomorrow night, and it is a simple BC, but the person wants a picture of the person on the cake. It didn't sound that bad when I was agreed to it but the more I look at the picture (LIfe like) the more I am not sure how to do it or to get statrted. I do alot of BCT but they are mostly in charater type pictures not real people. I am comfortable in my art working but not sure how to get it started exspecially on BC seeing I do not have a photo imager and I think it would be very hard in a BCT! Does anyone have any suggestions that I could try? Thanks for your help. icon_redface.gif

6 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 3 May 2011 , 12:45am
post #2 of 7

If they want a picture of the person then it sounds like they thought you had an edible image printer. If I were you, I'd go find a grocery store either tonight or first thing tomorrow am that can print the photo for you on edible paper real quick, otherwise you may have a disappointed customer....best of luck.

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 3 May 2011 , 1:07am
post #3 of 7

its really not that bad using a bct on a real picture. i did one on this cake:
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1903749
it's more like a caricature of the picture. i used the 1 round tip to outline the features with black, and then filled in using the 2 round tip.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 3 May 2011 , 1:21am
post #4 of 7

I agree with kitagirl, you need to find someone with an edible image printer.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 3 May 2011 , 1:39am
post #5 of 7

Most Walmarts will do an edible image for you unless it is a something they could get into trouble for copyright infringement (done by a professional photographer or a photo of someone famous). They are not really all that expensive either (I think ours is around $6.00)

bakingkat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingkat Posted 3 May 2011 , 1:59am
post #6 of 7

I agree, take it to a grocery store and get an edible image, i'm sure that is the result the customer was looking for. Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

LNW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LNW Posted 3 May 2011 , 2:18am
post #7 of 7

ITA with everyone else. I've done that before, took the picture to Wal-Mart and had them print an edible image for me. I would call first and make sure they will do it though. We have several Wal-Marts in my city but only one of them would do it for me. It was $5.00 for the image. I brought two pieces of cardboard that I lined with wax paper to put the image between so it wouldn't break on the ride home.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%