Cupcake Stand Help

Baking By Nicolekristiner Updated 4 May 2011 , 7:33pm by imagenthatnj

Nicolekristiner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nicolekristiner Posted 2 May 2011 , 11:45pm
post #1 of 7

I am planning on building a cupcake stand for my brothers finance's baby shower. its going to be 6 tiers and the top tier is going to have a small cake. What is the best material to build it out of. i want it to look really nice. thank you very much

6 replies
aicha_kashf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aicha_kashf Posted 3 May 2011 , 3:40pm
post #2 of 7

i am planning to make a cupcake stand myself as well. i have a upcoming event on 28, when is the baby shower? i am going to make it, and then i can let u know. i think i am going to try using, the special card board which architects use, its very strong and i think i am going to make it 5-6 tiers as well. lets see how that goes

aprilismaius Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilismaius Posted 3 May 2011 , 7:20pm
post #3 of 7

how many cupcakes does it need to hold?

aicha_kashf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aicha_kashf Posted 3 May 2011 , 8:14pm
post #4 of 7

i am going to be making 200... what r u planning? and what materials have considered?

aprilismaius Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilismaius Posted 3 May 2011 , 8:19pm
post #5 of 7

anytime i need to display more than 5 dozen or so, i prefer to go with a wood stand, because those suckers get heavy. anything less than that, i just use 1/2" thick foamcore board to make my stands, which you can get from any craft store.

make sure you cost out all of your materials ahead of time, it may be less expensive to buy one. if you don't have your heart set on a particular style, maybe check out thecupcaketower dot com? they make nice sturdy stands.

imjusthere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imjusthere Posted 4 May 2011 , 7:26pm
post #6 of 7

Most DIY towers I've seen are made from foam-board or by connecting various serving trays together. I think it would be very time consuming to cut one yourself. I've also seen some that are constructed of various sized boxes stacked together.

Also check out www.penguincupcaketowers.com. They are more sturdy than the cardboard stands and they don't cost too much more.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%