Wedding Cake Relief But Still Angry At Bridezilla

Decorating By LadyDi469 Updated 4 May 2011 , 6:16am by carmijok

LadyDi469 Posted 2 May 2011 , 9:45pm
post #1 of 25

I have posted before about my son being in his friends wedding. For a year and a half the bride and I have discussed cakes and she has changed her mind 4 times on what her wedding theme and cake would be. And I guess for a year and a half she also has thought since my son was in her wedding....the cake would be free. Told her I have given free cakes in the past but NEVER a wedding cake for free. The bride has quickly become "Bridezilla" and ordering everyone around, including trying to order me to talk to her ASAP about her cake. She finally made an appointment to discuss the cake and price. Today she posts on FB that she is looking for someone to make her cake. When I replied and asked about her appt with me, she said she didn't want me to make it because it was HER wedding and wanted the cake HER way. I asked-what exactly "her way meant" and she said she didn't know what kind of cake she wanted but was planning on far out and crazy and was afraid I would do what the groom wanted.."plain and simple cake".

24 replies
yummy Posted 2 May 2011 , 10:05pm
post #2 of 25

Why would she think that? I say good riddance; she sounds like a migraine!

eatdessert1st Posted 2 May 2011 , 10:07pm
post #3 of 25

I would be very pleased she was looking elsewhere. AND if she came back for you to do her cake I'd be conveniently busy. Life is too short to be troubled with that kind of ..... stuff.

Kiddiekakes Posted 2 May 2011 , 10:19pm
post #4 of 25

Sounds like she is just trying to find someone to do it for free....Good ridence!!

jenmat Posted 2 May 2011 , 10:33pm
post #5 of 25

what an insult. Yes, the bullet was dodged, but that doesn't mean it won't drive you crazy for a few days.
I feel bad for the groom.

tarynmay Posted 2 May 2011 , 10:53pm
post #6 of 25

What a complete mole - the polite thing to do would have been to at least cancel with you before she went asking for a new baker on Facebook, so rude!

I would just write "thanks so much for letting me know & I will go ahead & cancel your appointment" and then make sure if she comes crawling back in the future that you are always unavailable.

She sounds horrible so I agree with everybody else that you are better off without her order - chin up!

sugarlover Posted 2 May 2011 , 10:57pm
post #7 of 25

Definitely be busy all the time if she decides to come back. WHat nerve!

langranny Posted 2 May 2011 , 11:11pm
post #8 of 25

Go out and celebrate!

LisaPeps Posted 2 May 2011 , 11:39pm
post #9 of 25

I agree dodged a bullet there, run while you can!

indydebi Posted 3 May 2011 , 12:23am
post #10 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jentreu

Ditto.

cabecakes Posted 3 May 2011 , 12:31am
post #11 of 25

I only have one word to say, "Congratulations". I agree you dodged a bullet with this chick.

Crazboutcakes Posted 3 May 2011 , 12:35am
post #12 of 25
Quote:

what an insult. Yes, the bullet was dodged, but that doesn't mean it won't drive you crazy for a few days.

I agree, she seems like she's gonna be difficutl... let it go and just become extremely busy if she comes back because you'll never hear the end of it... And than your son will be in the middle... sorry this happened to you.

Karadactyl Posted 3 May 2011 , 12:47am
post #13 of 25
Quote:

Agreed.

Kitagrl Posted 3 May 2011 , 12:56am
post #14 of 25

That marriage ain't gonna last long.

LadyDi469 Posted 3 May 2011 , 1:38am
post #15 of 25

She has changed her mind 4 times now on the kind of cake, the type of ceremony, etc. She is demanding everyone and if anyone dare tells her that an idea is tacky...she says "my wedding, my way". She has a princess style dress, very fancy venue and now wants to wear flats with peace signs on them, the wedding party dancing when she walks down the isle or everyone dress from the 50's, poodle skirts and all. I asked how I was to incorporate all her changed ideas into one wedding cake. She said she didn't want it all done on one cake, just a plain, simple one because she didn't think my style was "in" like hers anyway. Her attitude changed with me when she found out there would be a fee for the cake, although heavily discounted, she is mad because it's not free. Her future husband found out today that I wasn't doing the cake and asked my son why..my son said "ask your future wife".

heather208 Posted 3 May 2011 , 1:53am
post #16 of 25

wow....that sounds like a errr.....umm....tasteful? wedding? or crappy off-broadway production....

Crazboutcakes Posted 3 May 2011 , 2:19am
post #17 of 25

good for your son.... she doesn't seem like she'd be someone I'd like to deal with either, no loss and no further headaches. icon_cool.gif

indydebi Posted 3 May 2011 , 2:46am
post #18 of 25

will be watching for the Jerry Springer episode that THIS chic ends up on! icon_eek.gif

Karen421 Posted 3 May 2011 , 12:00pm
post #19 of 25

WOW! you really need to count your blessings that she doesn't want you to do the cake! But I have this strange feeling - she may come back to you after she prices cakes else where! icon_smile.gif

kjaonline Posted 3 May 2011 , 12:21pm
post #20 of 25

It's a good thing the she herself walked out of the deal so you won't have to look for an excuse to exit out of it.

10xHigh Posted 3 May 2011 , 12:24pm
post #21 of 25

Well looks like you may get a divorce cake out of this....I wouldnt be available if she came back and wanted to have me double charge her....She is the type that would only give bad word of mouth after giving her the most amazing cake seen....She would be the type to flip who was the unreasonable one to work with.....In my mind I would tell her to kick rocks...Out loud no thank you I am completly booked right now...

DebBTX Posted 3 May 2011 , 1:18pm
post #22 of 25

When is the wedding?

I wonder what the Bridezilla told her future husband when he asked her why you weren't doing the cake.

labmom Posted 3 May 2011 , 10:13pm
post #23 of 25

Yes when is that wedding, where are you? want to make sure she isn't on my list. I don't think this bride is going to like anything anyone does and I am sure that she will want to get her money back from the poor baker that ends up dealing with her.

Don't understand why these grooms don't see these women the way they are and RUN while they can. I have kept count on the weddings I thought wouldnt last and I have onlly been wrong once.. and that guy is just scared of his wife.

Sami3000 Posted 4 May 2011 , 5:57am
post #24 of 25

Since the groom sounds truly disappointed you won't be making the cake I'd have your son let him know you're available to do a grooms cake or something for his bachelor party, as long as you don't have to deal with the bride. Especially since it seems like he is not allowed any decisions in the wedding and she is bonkers.

carmijok Posted 4 May 2011 , 6:16am
post #25 of 25

I blame all these Bridezilla TV shows that glorify the most awful behavior. Someone needs to tell her the cameras ain't rollin' so knock off the diva attitude. Yes it's her wedding, but from the sound of it, she'll have several more in the future so she needn't try to do everything at once!
icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%