Need Help Wasc

Baking By A-ZCupcakes Updated 19 May 2011 , 3:19pm by DaniNicole

A-ZCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
A-ZCupcakes Posted 1 May 2011 , 9:33pm
post #1 of 8

I made the WASC previously and it was amazing! But now I have a baby shower cake coming up and she doesn't really care for almond taste. So can I subsitute the almond extract for more vanilla? Thank you in advance! Also my husband says I shouldn't put a cake board under each tier but I was under the impression every tier has to have a board underneath or it will sink into the cake below it. This is correct right?

7 replies
JessicakesBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessicakesBakes Posted 1 May 2011 , 9:45pm
post #2 of 8

You can absolutely use all vanilla (or try another flavor).

samiam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samiam22 Posted 1 May 2011 , 9:54pm
post #3 of 8

I always omit all the almond and use lots of yummy vanilla. As for the cake board, you really do need them and a support such as bubble tea straws or dowels underneath each layer. That is the only way to stop your cakes from sinking. HTH

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 1 May 2011 , 11:10pm
post #4 of 8

I like to add a little butter flavor in place of the almond.

Yes, every tier needs to be on its own cake board and supported from below.

A-ZCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
A-ZCupcakes Posted 12 May 2011 , 12:53am
post #5 of 8

Sorry it has taken so long to reply. Thank y'all for the help!! icon_smile.gif Where can I buy bubble tea straws at?

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 12 May 2011 , 1:01am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiam22

As for the cake board, you really do need them and a support such as bubble tea straws or dowels underneath each layer.

You don't really need a cakeboard under each separate cake layer but each tier (two cake layers which together are about 4" high). icon_smile.gif

Common cake support methods:

http://www.wilton.com/cakes/tiered-cakes/

HTH

samiam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samiam22 Posted 12 May 2011 , 11:36am
post #7 of 8

Thanks Jan..I indeed did mean each tier not each layer. Thank you for the correction. As for the question about the bubble tea straws..I am in Canada and I buy them at a cake supply store called Flour Confections in Pickering, Ont. I am sure that most cake supply stores carry them though.

DaniNicole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaniNicole Posted 19 May 2011 , 3:19pm
post #8 of 8

If you have any Asian markets around you, they are definitely sold there - either under Bubble Tea Straws or Boba Tea Straws.

HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%