Need Help Wasc

Baking By A-ZCupcakes Updated 19 May 2011 , 3:19pm by DaniNicole

A-ZCupcakes Posted 1 May 2011 , 9:33pm
post #1 of 8

I made the WASC previously and it was amazing! But now I have a baby shower cake coming up and she doesn't really care for almond taste. So can I subsitute the almond extract for more vanilla? Thank you in advance! Also my husband says I shouldn't put a cake board under each tier but I was under the impression every tier has to have a board underneath or it will sink into the cake below it. This is correct right?

7 replies
JessicakesBakes Posted 1 May 2011 , 9:45pm
post #2 of 8

You can absolutely use all vanilla (or try another flavor).

samiam22 Posted 1 May 2011 , 9:54pm
post #3 of 8

I always omit all the almond and use lots of yummy vanilla. As for the cake board, you really do need them and a support such as bubble tea straws or dowels underneath each layer. That is the only way to stop your cakes from sinking. HTH

poohsmomma Posted 1 May 2011 , 11:10pm
post #4 of 8

I like to add a little butter flavor in place of the almond.

Yes, every tier needs to be on its own cake board and supported from below.

A-ZCupcakes Posted 12 May 2011 , 12:53am
post #5 of 8

Sorry it has taken so long to reply. Thank y'all for the help!! icon_smile.gif Where can I buy bubble tea straws at?

JanH Posted 12 May 2011 , 1:01am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiam22

As for the cake board, you really do need them and a support such as bubble tea straws or dowels underneath each layer.

You don't really need a cakeboard under each separate cake layer but each tier (two cake layers which together are about 4" high). icon_smile.gif

Common cake support methods:

http://www.wilton.com/cakes/tiered-cakes/

HTH

samiam22 Posted 12 May 2011 , 11:36am
post #7 of 8

Thanks Jan..I indeed did mean each tier not each layer. Thank you for the correction. As for the question about the bubble tea straws..I am in Canada and I buy them at a cake supply store called Flour Confections in Pickering, Ont. I am sure that most cake supply stores carry them though.

DaniNicole Posted 19 May 2011 , 3:19pm
post #8 of 8

If you have any Asian markets around you, they are definitely sold there - either under Bubble Tea Straws or Boba Tea Straws.

HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%