Hello cookie makers!
Those entries for last months theme were so creative!! As the first poster of Hot Stuff cookies from April, Breyes got to choose this months theme. And the theme for May 2011 is. Under the Sea. That means that ANY cookies you make related to that theme fits. Have fun creating and being creative!!!
Just to refresh your memory (and for any new members), here are the "guidelines" for the cookie club posts (based on Cake_Princess' original post from a few years ago):
*Anyone can join us any month they choose! We love to have new members! This isnt a contest, just a way to share ideas, be creative, and learn new things related to cookies!!
* The group consensus was that all pictures must be new pictures (and new cookies). Meaning if you have a previous pictures of cookies already in your album (or in the forum) even if it depicts the theme, please do not use them for your entry in the cookie club. The idea of the monthly theme is to get our creative juices/new ideas flowing.
* Please post pictures in this thread (Do not create a separate thread for your pictures). ** in cases where there are technical difficulties with the CC site, it is OK to post your pictures in your photos on CC and put the link in the thread.
* Please wait to post monthly theme cookies to your personal album/ cookie Gallery until after the monthly theme has expired (the end of the month). I know you are anxious for everyone to see your cookies in your album, but keeping the monthly theme creations in only the thread for the entire month helps to increase traffic to the cookie club thread, which will help to keep it going and hopefully get more people interested in taking part. When the month is over, please feel free to post as many pictures as you wish to the galleries. We do love to see pictures!! (** unless technical difficulties prohibit us from attaching pictures directly in the thread)
* Feel free to use any edible medium to decorate your cookies - fondant, royal icing, butter cream etc. The only stipulation is it has to be a medium used in cookie or cake decorating (so no play-doh!). In your post, please let us know about your creation the type of cookie, the medium you used to decorate your cookies, any techniques that you used, etc.
* The purpose of choosing a monthly theme is to have a central theme for everyone participating to follow in order to allow us an opportunity to be creative, try new things, and learn from each other. Please try to follow the monthly theme. If the design choice is not obvious, please let us know why you chose the design you did (for example, if the theme was Music and you made ghost cookies then let us know the connection. Ghost = Phantom and Phantom of the opera > music).
* The theme is chosen at the beginning of each month by the first person to post a picture the previous month. That person should PM Bonniebakes with your theme choice before the month is over so that the new thread can be started on the 1st of the month (or within a day or two from the 1st).
Happy Baking, everyone! I cant wait to see the results!!
Under the Sea -- one of my favorite cookie subjects!!
So now it's May 11. Where are all the gorgeous Under-the-Sea cookies? Okay, I don't have any either, but I lost track of the cookie club for a long time and I'm just getting back to it (I've just looked over all the spectacular threads from January to April). And I'm out of town with no baking equipment, either. But where's everybody else? This is a theme that inspires, y'all! Your Mother's Day baking is out of the way, so what's the hold-up?
Marianna46, I was wondering the same thing...Surely not everyone can be a slacker like me! I have promised my kids that we will do cookies this weekend, so hopefully we'll get something posted soon
I'll be looking forward to them, CookieD-oh (love your screen name, by the way!). My hands are itching to get into some cookie dough, so if I can find a reasonably well-supplied kitchen, I'll try to get some done, too. I just love the cookie club, but for some reason I thought it had been disbanded. I'm so glad to find out that's not true!
OK, here's my submission for the May cookie club. I got the design from a cross-stitch that I made for my mermaid-obsessed niece a couple of years ago. It didn't turn out quite like I wanted, of course. I messed up the background, and in a attempt to fix it, made it a little too busy. However, I'm happy with it over all. I don't know where I got the idea, whether it was here, on another forum, or a cookie blog, but I saw somewhere that you can draw on your cookie with an edible marker and then put the icing over that. Brilliant! I will be doing this again!
Here's the link: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2035589
Wow! Gorgeous cookie, CookieD-oh!!! That one cookie must have taken more work than I put into my average cake!
love that mermaid, cookiedoh!
Yes, Marianna, it was a whole lotta work . I used 15 colors, so it took a couple hours just to mix them up. Of course, now I'm making some very oddly colored flowers and butterflies to use up all the extra icing.
I know what you mean, CookieD-oh - sometimes it's more of a challenge to know what to do with the leftovers than to make the original. But I keep looking at that photo and I still can't believe how wonderful that cookie is. Could I ask you what size it is and if you made more than one?
Not at all . It was 4 x 6 and I made two of the cookies but only had the wherewithal to decorate one. I'm thinking of doing a snorkeling flamingo on the other one just for fun.
Can't wait to see it!
Wow CookieD-oh, I love your cookie. The detail is great!! I could only imagine how much time it took to mix and decorate!!!
not many under the sea cookies this month, were there?
Cookie Doh got to choose the theme for June... here's the link.