Prices For Items Other Than Cakes

Decorating By dst10spr97 Updated 1 May 2011 , 5:26pm by Stephy42088

dst10spr97 Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 10:35pm
post #1 of 3

Although I will do the custom cakes the hubby wants to also offer a limited selection of pies, cheesecake, cobblers, etc how can I get a general idea of what to charge for these items? Does anyone else offer anything other than just cake?

2 replies
jason_kraft Posted 1 May 2011 , 5:09pm
post #2 of 3

You price other baked goods the same way you price cakes...find out your ingredient costs, labor costs, and per-item overhead cost, add them up, then add 20-30% for your profit margin.

We offer several items other than cakes, including pan dulce, muffins, challah, sandwich bread, brownies, fruit tarts, RKTs, and cheesecake. These items are all priced significantly higher than grocery stores and high volume bakeries to cover our costs, so you need to give customers a really good reason to buy these items from you, since you can't really distinguish too much on taste or design with these products.

Stephy42088 Posted 1 May 2011 , 5:26pm
post #3 of 3

I offer a lot of other desserts. but i do it in mini form and offer styled dessert tables for parties and weddings. the mini desserts and doing dessert tables seem to be really "in" right now so thats what i do icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%