Fondant Mat Recommendation?

Decorating By CakeEnvyKS Updated 1 May 2011 , 12:02am by CakeEnvyKS

CakeEnvyKS Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 4:00pm
post #1 of 6

I am in need of a new mat for rolling fondant on. The one I have has proven to be too brittle and it's cracked in several places. I do like that it has measurements and gridlines printed on it for easy reference There are a lot of mats out there, does anyone have any suggestions on what to look for?

Thanks!

5 replies
SweetSouthernBakery Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 4:28pm
post #2 of 6

The Mat from Sweetwise is AMAZING. It makes rolling out fondant so easy and you don't have to worry about it drying out. You can see youtube videos about it at
http://www.youtube.com/sweetwiseinc#p/u/0/nu6QpimDDDQ

10xHigh Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 5:34pm
post #4 of 6

I bought the mat for my sister inlaw and myself....love it after I seasoned it a bit. I have thought about cutting it down to fit my counter better but of course the day after I do it I would need the larger size...lol. Make sure you watch the videos that sdrb84 mentioned it truely takes the guess work out of getting it down pat.

platinumlady Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 6:53pm
post #5 of 6

I totally agree with the above post ... I used to have the hardest time with rolling my fondant no matter what kind I used...but since I started using the mat I cut my decorating time down tremendously It's very durable icon_wink.gif

CakeEnvyKS Posted 1 May 2011 , 12:02am
post #6 of 6

Sold! The Mat looks great! I love that it requires no cornstarch or sugar, it's not drying out from exposure to air, it doesn't get all those little lint fuzzies to pick out, and the rolling pin won't stick to it. I won't have to roll fondant onto the pin anymore to transfer and hope it doesn't pull and tear. What a great tool, thanks everyone!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%