Peanut Butter Smbc

Baking By annie84 Updated 23 May 2011 , 11:00pm by aswartzw

annie84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annie84 Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 12:58pm
post #1 of 9

I just made a peanut butter version of the well dressed cake's swiss meringue buttercream. I left out one ounce of butter and instead added 1/4 cup of peanut butter. Now my icing is too liquidy. Is there anyway to save this?

8 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 10:21pm
post #2 of 9

You could add some powdered sugar into it. It won't be SMBC anymore but it will help firm it up.

I make peanut butter IMBC all the time, but I just add a little into the icing after I've made it. It does soften it up, but it still works fine.

annie84 Posted 1 May 2011 , 5:48pm
post #3 of 9

Pretty sure I just added too much peanut butter so I'll know for next time. I ended up added powdered sugar, I like the taste of that icing better anyways icon_smile.gif It's for my brother so I'm sure he'll like it either way

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 1 May 2011 , 6:09pm
post #4 of 9

You need to make a regular batch of SMBC and add the very end when it has come together, add the PB. You will add about 1/4 cup of the PB. It's always perfect texture for me.

AnotherCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCaker Posted 1 May 2011 , 9:03pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by aswartzw

You need to make a regular batch of SMBC and add the very end when it has come together, add the PB. You will add about 1/4 cup of the PB. It's always perfect texture for me.

Yes. You don't modify the recipe of the SMBC itself. It's a base to add flavors to.

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 2 May 2011 , 1:02am
post #6 of 9

By regular batch of SMBC, how many egg whites are we talking?
If I make it with 5 eggs whites and add 1/4 cup of peanut butter it is going to be much different than if I added 10 egg whites.

I'm just trying to get a handle on what is considered a regular size batch of SMBC.

How many egg whites do you use to the 1/4 cup of peanut butter?

Thanks.

annie84 Posted 2 May 2011 , 11:04am
post #7 of 9

I used 5 egg whites, one cup of sugar, 11oz of butter, 1/4 cup of peanut butter. I don't know if this failed because I added the peanut butter at the wrong time or if it was just too much peanut butter. I'm going to try another time, slowly adding PB at the very end

Karadactyl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karadactyl Posted 2 May 2011 , 12:47pm
post #8 of 9

My recipe is 5 egg whites, 1 cup sugar, 12 ounces of butter. Once it comes together I add about 2/3 cup peanut butter. I've never had any problem with it being too runny.

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 23 May 2011 , 11:00pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaF144a

By regular batch of SMBC, how many egg whites are we talking?
If I make it with 5 eggs whites and add 1/4 cup of peanut butter it is going to be much different than if I added 10 egg whites.

I'm just trying to get a handle on what is considered a regular size batch of SMBC.

How many egg whites do you use to the 1/4 cup of peanut butter?

Thanks.

Sorry, I just saw your post.

By regular, I mean, what does your SMBC recipe say? Make it exactly as your recipe says but after the SMBC has finally come together, toss in a spoonful of peanut butter and taste. I always just taste it to get what I want.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%