Starting A Business In The Uk

Business By SamHarrison Updated 30 Apr 2011 , 4:03pm by wizzywig

SamHarrison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SamHarrison Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 11:43am
post #1 of 2

Well I have been thinking about doing it for a while but our family circumstances have changed and I've had to leave my job so now seems a good time to get started.
Can anyone give me some advice on starting my own business? I have been researching local companies and prices etc. I've been looking at suppliers I can order supplies from and having a work out on how much I'd need to charge for items to make a reasonable profit on them.
I know there are things I need to get sorted first like food hygiene courses and registering with environmental health.
I have thought about what makes me different about the companies around the area to see what I can use as my selling point (aswell as the actual cakes obviously!).
If anyone can give me any tips, any very important thing I need to think about that I might have missed etc.
Would I need to have insurance? It would definitely only be starting as a pretty small run from home business, partly becuase I want to develop my skills before I even think about adding more products, plus I'm a mummy to 2 very young children as well as housewife and general dogs body!
Any feedback would be reatly appreciated!

1 reply
wizzywig Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wizzywig Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 4:03pm
post #2 of 2

hi sam, there is a huge thread for UK bakers on the 'cupcake' section: http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-622656.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%