Fondant issues

Decorating By neda_la Updated 30 Apr 2011 , 5:56am by tiggy2

neda_la Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 3:52am
post #1 of 3

I have made few fondant cakes, but I realized that there are two things that keep ruining my experience... And I have to cover them eventually!

First issue are the bubbles that appear when rolling the findant(not when putting it on top of the cake). They show up when I am rolling the fondant on the kitchen counter as tiny bubbles underneath the surface!

And the other problem is when putting the fondant on the cake, I smooth most of the areas on the sides but will still experience that bunch of extra fondant that makes one side of the cake wrinkly!icon_sad.gifThank you so much for taking the time and reading my post

2 replies
cathyscakes Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 4:56am
post #2 of 3

I have had the bubbles appear while rolling out the fondant, you just have to keep using a pin and popping them when they appear. Have you watched the videos on youtube, alot of good information about applying fondant. You just have to be patient. After I buttercream the cake I put it in the refrigerator and chill, I roll out the fondant larger than what I need. I lay on the fondant and secure the top with a fondant smoother, and I run it along the top sides of the cake first. Then I work my way around the cake securing the fondant and when a pleat appears you pull it to each side and smooth, be patient it does work. I am pretty new to covering cakes and have never had a wrinkle, so watch some videos and you will get it.

tiggy2 Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 5:56am
post #3 of 3

sugarshacks Flawless Fondant DVD will solve your problems www.sugaredproductions.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%