Anybody Tried Nu-Wrap Rolled Fondant Icing???

Decorating By quietude Updated 30 May 2011 , 2:30am by spoazzy1

quietude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quietude Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 3:38am
post #1 of 5

CalJava is having a pretty good sale on it, but I wanted to see if you guys have reviews to share before I give it a try

http://www.caljavaonline.com/nuwrap1.htm

Thanks,

Kim

4 replies
sabre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabre Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 9:15pm
post #2 of 5

Bought Nu-Wrap and now I'm waiting for delivery. Called Caljava; they said it is easy to work with, like Fondx.

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 1 May 2011 , 4:55am
post #3 of 5

I am not sure about nu wrap, but I wonder if anyone has tried the fondax elite fondant yet? It sounds good.

quietude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quietude Posted 1 May 2011 , 5:49am
post #4 of 5

Sabre - That's good to know, I use FondX now & would be willing to try something similar at such a good price.

Labmom - I've tried the FondX Elite, the colors are great but I prefer the flavor of the vanilla. I'm looking forward to trying their new colors in the original flavor.

spoazzy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spoazzy1 Posted 30 May 2011 , 2:30am
post #5 of 5

I have used the Fondx Elite, and it was great to work with, but the flavor can be strange with certain flavors of cake. I found the flavor of the regular Fondx much better and more universal. I even used it over cream cheese icing on a spice cake and everyone loved it.

As for the nu-wrap I have never tried it either. I am going to take the chance though, never know until you try it once!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%