post #1 of 29

is called to order.

Who's up?
Whatcha workin' on?

Who watched the wedding?

28 replies
leah_s Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 2:34am
post #2 of 29

2 wedding cakes for me for tomorrow. Just dying some fondant for edible ribbons now.

flowers airbrushed. Edible paper flowers made. Cakes done.

mthiberge Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 2:39am
post #3 of 29

watched it loved it....what a beautiful woman she is....and that cake! FABULOUS!!!!

leah_s Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 2:40am
post #4 of 29

I agree. That cake was gorgeous. And showed a lot of skill.

leah_s Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 2:47am
post #5 of 29

I agree. That cake was gorgeous. And showed a lot of skill.

mthiberge Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 2:48am
post #6 of 29

I'd like to know what it's worth...out of curiosity...my guess is around 15,000$.
14$ a serving (again a guess) @ 845 servings plus about 3 or 4k in handmade extras......

hrnewbie Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 2:56am
post #7 of 29

Didn't watch the wedding but have been looking at pictures for the past hour. Can't seem to unplug.

No cakes tonight. Will bake 5 this weekend and prep for decorating next week. Can't wait to try some new recipes!

Ummeiko Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 2:59am
post #8 of 29

Working on: nothing. Went clothes shopping for an interview and so maybe I can get away from Wal-Mart.

Should have worked on: figures for my Mother's Day cake for next weekend. Oh well, I can do them after work tomorrow or Sunday.

I didn't watch the wedding but I watched some shows ABOUT the wedding. Kate is beautiful. Her dress was elegant. The cake was AMAZING. I love seeing a classic white wedding cake taken to a new level.

LKing12 Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 3:12am
post #9 of 29

Working on a few things for a Relay for Life Auction on Sunday. Then I am headed south-my brother's home was damaged in the tornadoes on Wednesday and my sister is doing relief work in her area. She has opened her home to those who need to take a shower or do laundry.
Makes me very grateful for what I have.

leah_s Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 3:16am
post #10 of 29

Take care, LKing. The tornado damage is beyond belief.

I've been up since 5 a.m., so you guys carry on.

cheatize Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 3:16am
post #11 of 29

Mother's Day is in a week? I'm still picking Easter grass out of the carpet.

Delivered my weekend cake today. I'm currently designing a princess cake for next weekend. Is there any real difference between cake sparkles and sparkling sugar other than the size of the grain?
http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=5230B2F4-802D-F658-0F81AB32FE9094B3&killnav=1

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E310D1E-475A-BAC0-5E0EF1DB7697E8A1&killnav=1

I'll be coating ice cream cones for the turrets and the sparkling sugar seems to be cheaper overall.

Went to bed at 2, got up at 4:30, back in bed by 7:30, and up for the day at 9:30. Had a fab time dishing about the wedding with a friend! I got out my big sun hat and everything. LOL

CanadianCakin Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 3:19am
post #12 of 29

Lking- sorry about your brothers home,
That's fantastic what your sister is doing!

Didn't watch the wedding, but as soon as I woke up
This morning I was online searching for cake pics!

I am doing my first Topsy turvy this weekend :|
I'm a bit nervous as it's for a dear friends 50th!
I want it to be perfect for her!
I'm just waiting for my kids to go to bed so I can get to work!

KJ62798 Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 3:23am
post #13 of 29

Popping in to say HI!

Second weekend in a row with no cakes for me after a crazy April.

Just finished watching the wedding with my daughter (DVR!) Very impressed with the grace & elegance of the royal couple. Blown away by both cakes.

Praying that our caker friends in the South are safe. Take care everyone.

Kristy

Emma37 Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 3:28am
post #14 of 29

Ugh! 11:45 EST here and I just finished a full sheet for tomorrow. All BC..7 different colors and I didn't have my disposable bags! I had to keep washing bags and tips... My feet hurt and my back...........
Oh, I just remembered some advise I gave to the secretary at school today...complaining won't help a thing! ..... guess I should take my own advise icon_redface.gif
Night Night

JulieMN Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 3:33am
post #15 of 29

Nothing for tonight....looking for inspiration for future projects. Watched the wedding festivities beginning with the BBC coverage 2:00 am Central time.....what a beautiful ceremony, couple, cakes, etc. Have a great night all!

Enchantedcakes Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 3:44am
post #16 of 29

Finished two different space theme cakes, now in Tampa at my in laws, my son has an out of town lacrosse game tomorrow so i better get to sleep then back to the in laws then home Sunday ...I have three cake orders due on Monday, an anniversary, a birthday, and wedding cupcakes...out of town wedding, guess they got a deal having it on a Monday.

tmgarcia_98 Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 3:56am
post #17 of 29

Just finished a 3 tier golf themed cake.

FYI: I read online that the royal wedding & groom's cake together cost $80,000!!!! icon_eek.gif

bohemiagetsajob Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 4:15am
post #18 of 29

I'm working on royal icing decorations for my nephew's camping cake that's due on Sunday. Can anyone tell me how many servings I can get out of the Wilton Guitar Pan? I've looked through all teh material that came with the pan and tried googling it. The best I found was that someone thought it was about 15? Any help would be appreciated. The party is about 50 strong and I need to know how many cupcakes to make in addition to the cake. Thanks in advance!

cheatize Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 4:25am
post #19 of 29

Wilton shaped pans generally serve 12-15.

Crazboutcakes Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 4:27am
post #20 of 29

Working on a small WWE wrestling rink that is due for Sunday, states it and will finish tomorrow

ConfectionsCC Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 4:27am
post #21 of 29

I just finished a 2 tier football themed birthday cake for my nephew, and a 2 tier topsy turvy cake to match some invites. Now that the kids are in bed, I just filled all 3 tiers of a wedding cake, and I am currently stacking and carving a mud cake into the shape of a jaguar's head for the groom's cake. I am very VERY tired, and its only 11:26! Don't know how I did it, but I managed to be ahead of schedule! I was prepared for a 3 am bed time icon_biggrin.gif looks like 1 am might work!

cheatize Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 4:31am
post #22 of 29

I'm off to bed. Hubby has an MRI tomorrow morning for his elbow and I want to be alert. Happy Caking!

Crazboutcakes Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 4:31am
post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKing12

Working on a few things for a Relay for Life Auction on Sunday. Then I am headed south-my brother's home was damaged in the tornadoes on Wednesday and my sister is doing relief work in her area. She has opened her home to those who need to take a shower or do laundry.
Makes me very grateful for what I have.

Please give your family our best wishes and let them know we are praying for everyone icon_redface.gif

DSmo Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 4:41am
post #24 of 29

Just finished putting together yet another bow. Little 6" cake baked and filled. Icing in the morning. Nite nite. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

bohemiagetsajob Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 4:53am
post #25 of 29

Thanks Cheatize... that's what I was afraid of. icon_sad.gif
Lol

BurnsyJ Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 5:50am
post #26 of 29

I just finished my son's birthday cake. His 14th birthday was yesterday, but he's having friends over Saturday night. He wanted a cake that looks like his guitar. I made it...it's very brown...but it looks like his Ovation. The only thing not brown is the the cake...it's red velvet. I think dark chocolate would have been more appropriate...but I just made what he asked for.

sillywabbitz Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 7:22am
post #27 of 29

I was working on my competition piece due tomorrow. The roof gave me fits so wish me luck that it holds. I have to assemble two minor things on site. Sadly it's 2:20 am and I'm volunteering at the show at 7amicon_sad.gif Night everyone.

leah_s Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 12:08pm
post #28 of 29

Sparkling sugar is different from cake sparkles. Cake sparkles are edible glitter - flakes and no real taste. The sparkling sugar is a grain (not a flake) and sparkles beautifully. I also think it sticks to bc better and more evenly.

cheatize Posted 1 May 2011 , 6:04am
post #29 of 29

Cool. Thanks, Leah!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%